GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
The Lab Manager is responsible for the overall operation and administration of the infused product manufacturing facility and the departments within.
- Manages receiving, extraction, product R&D and formulation, vendor relations, product packaging, safety, compliance and order fulfillment in relation to all products processed, packaged and shipped in an accurate manner.
- Understands regulatory requirements specific to manufacturing and packaging and ensure operations and staff follow those standards. Communicates any regulatory changes to staff in a timely manner to maintain compliance.
- Oversees and directs the scientific methods and product development of the laboratory in accordance with good laboratory practices and cGMPs.
- Identifies and implements new technologies and methodologies to improve laboratory workflow and data quality.
- Manages, supervises and directs the activities of assigned staff and functions; make recommendations and decisions regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees. Ensures all team members adhere to company policies.
- Assures compliance with local, state, and federal billing or licensing requirements
- Manages and coordinates the daily processing operations:
- Inventory oversight and management
- Determination of necessary equipment and upgrades
- Coordinate follow-up on product issues
- Develops, administers, reviews and manages each individual grow budget .
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Evaluates new equipment/processes for extraction as well as upgrades/changes to existing equipment and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in biochemistry, laboratory science, engineering and extraction methods.
- Knowledge and experience related to analytical, organic chemistry and micro-biology.
- Knowledge and experience related quality assurance and good manufacturing practices.
- Must be familiar with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals.
- Knowledge and experience in food, beverage, nutraceutical manufacturing.
- Bachelor s degree in science-related field, master s degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in a managerial role
- 5+ years experience working in a Lab environment
- Prior cannabis experience a plus, but not required
- Experience with testing cannabinoid potency, pesticide residues, residual solvents, heavy metals, water activity, and mycotoxins preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).