Juniper Networks is looking to hire an experienced and self-motivated software engineer with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The candidate will be hands-on, contributing to the feature sets of new and existing products. An ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of industry experience with proven results although new college graduate with strong coding and technical skills will be considered. Specific requirements include:
- Excellent C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Excellent grasp of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, design patterns, operating systems, micro processor architectures)
- Experience in microcode programming of hardware based network processors
- Exceptional skills in solving problems related to software/hardware interaction
- Excellent grasp of IP (Internet Protocol) routing/forwarding concepts and knowledge of MPLS (Multi-protocol Label Switching), VPLS (Virtual Private LAN Service), L3 VPN (Virtual Private Network) and Broadband Edge technologies
The candidate will develop software for Juniper's JUNOS Packet Forwarding Engine. Work involves design, implementation and support of the software responsible for the packet forwarding path in Juniper networking equipment. Specifically:
5% - Work with Product Line Management (PLM) and customer facing teams to understand, clarify and refine feature requirements.
5% - Translate feature requirements into software solution and perform feasibility analysis (including scale & performance) of using Juniper manufactured networking gear to implement the solution.
50% - Design, implement, test and document software applications/modules for Juniper proprietary networking hardware and integrate them into Juniper software releases.
10% - Develop software test automation scripts to support continuous verification of integrity and quality of Juniper software releases.
10% - Work with System Test organization on qualifying complex network designs built using Juniper routers/switches.
10% - Provide technical support for existing Juniper software features/applications internally to other teams within the organization and externally through interactions with Juniper customers.
10% - Work with Juniper TAC organization on customer escalations. Use industry available and Juniper proprietary tools (i.e., network analyzers, traffic generators, etc..) to troubleshoot customer network outages, assist in reproduction, instrumentation & debugging. Provide resolution by correcting and improving software implementation.
Juniper Networks is enrolled in E-Verify and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, back end, c c++, c#, java, perl, sdet, software engineer, sw