Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack Java
Req #: 190107412
Location: Columbus, OH, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
* Responsible for the technical integrity of our team's delivery.
* Partner with the Application Development Manager in the analysis and estimation of future work impacting our team.
* Partner with the Scrum Master to lead our team in breaking down complex Features/Stories into well understood and achievable tasks.
* Partner with Architects on the design and architecture for our team's deliverables.
* Be an active developer and contributor to the team's delivery. Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology challenges and drive our team to successful delivery.
* Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans and ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
* Ensure development quality is being tracked and improved using techniques like Unit Testing and Peer Review.
* Cultivate and introduce (where appropriate) Agile engineering practices including: Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development.
* Strengthen the presence of our team as a Technical center of excellence. Actively work with other leads to align to a consistent technology vision and keep the rest of the organization aware of our activities.
* Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
* Extensive knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
* 3 - 5 years' experience working as a hands-on (actively coding) Application Development Lead or related role.
* Java - Expert-level implementation skills with Java and J2EE.
* Spring - Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring Security and Spring Integration.
* Database - Expert-level implementation skills with ORM frameworks like Hibernate/JPA or MyBatis. Must be highly proficient in SQL preferably across multiple databases.
* Web - Expert-level implementation skills with building modern web applications using frameworks like jQuery, jQuery UI, Bootstrap and Responsive Design techniques.
* Application Servers - Broad and deep understanding of multiple application server platforms including Apache Tomcat and IBM WebSphere.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Associated topics: application, back end, c#, develop, matlab, php, programming, sdet, software development engineer, software engineer