The Senior Analyst of Strategy & Business development supports JetBlue in identifying and analyzing strategic opportunities for JetBlue. The Senior Analyst supports the Manager of Strategy & Business development and Senior Leadership to ensure Company initiatives are aligned to help position the Company for the next phase of its evolution. The Senior Analyst works cross-functionally to explore long-term risks and opportunities for JetBlue. The Senior Analyst works in a project-oriented environment and engages in complex, broad analyses.
* Conduct a broad range of quantitative and qualitative research * Continuously assess and stay abreast of JetBlue versus competitors * Research and identify applicable best practices from other airlines * Collaborate cross-functionally to develop long term strategic options for JetBlue * Create reports and documents in support of Board meetings * Provide thought leadership and support on critical strategic issues across the company including framing, analyzing and recommending courses of action * Identify and analyze potential future growth opportunities for JetBlue, collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders * Monitors and evaluates potential investment and M&A opportunities * Ad hoc analysis and other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Aviation or related field * Three (3) years' analytical experience * Demonstrate ability to analyze strategic issues, and communicate results through a work sample * Financial analysis skills, including ability to conduct ROIC and NPV analyses * High proficiency with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint * Work alongside and communicate effectively with different groups and organizational levels across JetBlue * Ability to multi-task across a variety of projects, departments and timelines * Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills * A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others * Available for occasional overnight travel (5%) * In possession of valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States * Able to work flexible hours and be available for an emergency response on short notice * Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test * Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Previous experience in airline, hospitality or railroad finance
* Regular attendance and punctuality * Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice * Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance * When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft * Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun * Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards * Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal Office Environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.