The Application Services Developer is responsible for development, testing, and documentation of enterprise class web application, services, middle-tier interfaces and backend database, mainly with Java technologies like J2EE, Spring and Struts. The role requires strong industry experience in REST, JSON, XML, SOAP web services and SQL Server or Oracle RDBMS. This role collaborates with various teams for research, analysis, and architecture of business solutions. The developer will develop and maintain innovative, scalable solutions that provide value to the business and provide operational support as required.
* Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) * Decompose and translate business requirements into detailed design specifications * Code/design/test configurable, self-healing, and zero-to-minimal-maintenance JAVA web applications and services using Spring or Struts framework. * Provide input and guidance on development and architecture decisions and governance processes * Proactively collaborate with the appropriate matrix of IT teams (business solution delivery, architecture, development, QA, infrastructure & support) for project estimation, construction, and delivery of business solutions * Partner with data center operations and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless deployments, proper documentation and support for applications * Lead/conduct/participate in detailed code reviews in a constructive manner to insure high quality and consistent coding practices * Ensure continued accountability for product and services delivery within IT shared services development organization * Create written and presentation materials that cater to technical and business audiences * Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security and regulatory requirements * Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline * Three (3) years of overall experience developing web services and enterprise-scale application integration solutions, with Java technologies like J2EE, Spring, Struts, etc. * Experience with cloud native microservices and application design patterns. * Knowledge of API best practices - development, documentation, management. * Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 35%) * In possession of valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States * Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice * Ability to present to various levels * Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test * Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
* Thorough knowledge of business function and thorough knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies * Exposure to JetBlue's IT disciplines and interdependencies * Exposure to JetBlue's business units and how their needs drive IT strategy * Experience working on enterprise-wide budget process
* Regular attendance and punctuality * Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice * Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance * When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft * Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun * Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards * Identify safety and/or security concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Computer and other office equipment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.