In collaboration with Nurse and Manager, oversees consumers admitted to the Teller Place (Hospital Alternative Facility) and Urgent Care. Provides ongoing evaluation of consumer safety, assessing suicide and homicide risk. Provides de-escalation and crisis intervention as needed. .Provides individual, group, and family therapy to residents as appropriate. Assist clients with practical problem-solving. Assists clients in developing safety, discharge and aftercare plans. Contributes to the positive therapeutic milieu.
* This position works 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Saturday and Sunday, 12 hour shifts.
* Oversees the milieu at the facility and identifies and addresses clinical issues. * Provides de-escalation and crisis-intervention as needed. * Obtains collateral information from family, significant others, and other providers as appropriate. * Follows principles of trauma-informed care to avoid harm and re-traumatization. * Provides individual, family and group therapy as appropriate to the needs of the client. * Completes JCMH openings on unopened clients. * Consults with other Teller Team members and on-call psychiatrist as appropriate. * Completes documentation in compliance with Jefferson Center guidelines. * Participates in supervision, training, and team meetings as directed. * Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment. * Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
* Maintains an acceptable attendance record. * Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Ability to operate a personal computer.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
* Master's Degree in counseling, psychology or related field plus one year of relevant experience and/or training. May consider relevant pre-master's degree experience. * Licensure preferred. * Must have valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record while employed at Jefferson Center. * Meets the requirements of applicable federal, state and organizational background checks.
Associated topics: corporate, director, lead, manage, manager ii, manager iii, property manager, superintendent, supervise, supervisory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.