Compensation: $39,570.00 - $62,650.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective operation of the restaurant.
- Uphold Jean-Georges Management Values and Mission Statement while performing positional responsibilities and adhering to the company policies and procedures, as stated in Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrate and promote our Restaurant culture, always positively representing the Company.
- Ensures that service is carried out in accordance with established policy.
- Supervises personnel according to established personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists in training and evaluating all dining room personnel and enforces food and beverage policies and procedures.
- Assist beverage manager in training and implementation of beverage program, inventory and product ordering procedures, complete processing and procedures.
- Ensures sanitation compliance throughout restaurant.
- Handles customer complaints.
- Promotes positive public / employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Promote teamwork within the restaurant, creating a positive work environment.
- Treat every customer, employee and vendor with respect and dignity.
- Ensure the highest levels of organization are maintained in the dining room and bar at all times, without exception.
- Learn basic MICROS/ALOHA troubleshooting techniques.
- Call MICROS/ALOHA support when necessary.
- Document and file departmental attendance, staff warnings, suspensions and terminations in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Perform other job-related activities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Proficient in all aspects of dining service
- Knowledge of food and beverage as well as a passion to cultivate this skill
- Minimal experience with cost control systems to include food, beverage and labor percentages
- Effective style of management promoting a team atmosphere
- Ability to inspire staff to achieve their potential
- Basic understanding of food handling and sanitation requirements of the New York State Department of Health
- May be required to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Possess a proven track record for guest satisfaction
- Displays a pleasant and cheerful disposition, is a leader and is able to motivate staff members. Must maintain a high level of integrity.
- Is able to adapt in difficult situations, solve problems and make decisions when necessary.
- Shows an eagerness and capacity to learn.
- Can be relied upon to complete tasks.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, College degree preferred.
- Three years prior front of the house experience in a high-volume establishment.
- Previous supervisory experience in a New York City dining establishment preferred.
- Experience in various capacities of restaurant staff (id: waiter, host, bartender, runner, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Participation in wine/beverage related program within the past five years preferred
- Available to work late nights, holidays and long days as necessary.
Jean-Georges Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity
More detail about Jean-Georges Management part of Restaurants by Jean-Georges, please visit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...