JCC Association of North America is seeking a Director of Communications to plan communication strategies for external and internal needs, and execute messaging tactics to reach the JCC field, JCC stakeholders, program partners, and philanthropic organizations. To lead our media building efforts with our PR agency, to reach audiences beyond our borders and showcase the leadership of JCC Association within Jewish life in North America.
This role will work report directly to the CMO to set communications strategies. The director will also work with the president and CEO, Doron Krakow, to support his internal and external communications, including a weekly Shabbat Shalom message. This role will work in cooperation with our Digital Media Marketing Manager to align communications across all platforms. The director will set the quarterly agenda for our PR partner and be the main POC for all work on behalf of the agency. The director will collaborate with department heads and specialists to create and refine content for PR, programming, and events. The Director will manage the future hire of a copywriter/copyeditor in 2020 and continue to supervise any freelance writing and editing resources contracted by the agency.
* Build communications strategies for internal and external audiences * Develop an agency-wide editorial and PR calendar to map out the needs and opportunities for messaging to the field, earned media, social, and website content * Crisis management and preemptive planning for events with JCC Association's PR and crisis partner * Ensure that information released is consistent with the strategy at large * Help hire and build the communications team, align new and current members * Weekly CEO (or guest) Shabbat Shalom communications: gathering of information, editing content, and distribution via ListServ or MailChimp * Work with designers to translate content for best practices and visual layout * Create seasonal messaging on behalf of JCC Association and JWB Jewish Chaplains Council for traditional and digital distribution * Help move the organization from traditional marketing mindset to a forward-thinking digital platform (and audience) mindset, converting content for web, email, and app platforms * Ensure consistent voice for all content created for events * Contribute to the scripting process for major events such as JSummit and Professional Conference * Review and proof documents as needed, or supervise editing process through outside resources * Respond to the occasional questions from the JCC field related to PR, as they are shared on the Listservs * Provide the JCC field with PR templates to support major JCC Association events, trainings, and grant awarding
* MBA or advanced degree in Communications, Marketing or related field * 10+ years communications experience * Possess a writing portfolio that demonstrates your ability to write in the voice and tone of others. * Leadership/team management/agency management experience * Hard working with a \"no task is too small\"/ \"How can I help\" attitude * Extensive knowledge of the institutions and leaders within Jewish organizational world * Fluent in Social Media * Expert knowledge of within Microsoft Word, Excel, Sharepoint, Outlook, PowerPoint * Knowledge of MailChimp, ListServs and other email distribution platforms * Familiarity with WordPress * Experience in stakeholder/community engagement * Translate the needs of branding, marketing and PR to ensure clear messaging for each * Able to forecast needs and develop systems and protocols to cultivate and manage information on behalf of JCC Association * Be extremely organized, and pay extreme attention to details; grammar, vocabulary, and presentation. * Possess an understanding of visual layout and aesthetics
Other Experience and Skills:
* Some knowledge of Hebrew * WordPress knowledge * Script formatting
* Please share six samples of work; three demonstrating your own writing style and three showcasing your ability to write on the behalf of others-at least half the samples should have been created for digital distribution * Be prepared to share three references from senior professionals * If selected for further review, you will be asked to participate in a sample communication to see how approach your work, coordinate with others and the style of the content
To Be Considered Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter to Irina Khomina
JCC Association of North America strengthens and leads JCCs, YM-YWHAs and camps throughout North America. As the convening organization, JCC Association partners with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the JCC Movement. JCC Association offers services and resources to increase the effectiveness of JCCs as they provide community engagement and educational, cultural, social, recreational, and Jewish identity building programs to enhance Jewish life throughout North America. By supporting the 25,000 Jewish communal professionals who connect with two million JCC participants each year-JCC Association encourages engaged lives of purpose and meaning. Learn more at jcca.org, on Facebook and on Twitter.
Associated topics: ceo, evp, executive, executive vice president, manager ii, manager iii, overall, regional manager, regional vice president, state president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.