Oncology Account Specialist (Columbus, OH) - Bernards (Elizabeth)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Loading some great jobs for you...
Ipsen is a leadingbiopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving patient lives throughinnovative medicines in oncology , neuroscience and rare diseases . We take pride in our culture, which is rooted in collaboration, to deliver results for our core customer - the patient. This level of involvement by cross-functional teams promotes a strong sense of unity and pulls together all colleagues locally and across our key geographies, which span 115 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.Position Overview
This position will contribute to Ipsen's overall sales objective by performing assigned sales related activities. The Oncology Sales Representative will provide physicians, pharmacists and healthcare professionals with products, services, and information that will enable them to use and prescribe Ipsen's products safely and effectively. The ideal candidate will be capable of managing the territory and administrative requirements in an efficient manner, and will achieve full compliance with drug laws and regulations when providing samples of Ipsen's products to physicians.Job Responsibilities:
The general job responsibilities assigned to the Sales Representative are as follows:
- Achieve the assigned sales objective for the territory.
- Attain the designated goals for calls on appropriate healthcare professionals to communicate balanced, accurate, and complete information on Ipsen's products.
- Execute calls on Physicians, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals in order to provide product information and to assure the availability of Ipsen's products in the territory. Engage in in-depth conversations with physicians and other healthcare professionals utilizing multiple data sets across a broad base of approved product indications. Navigate through complex organization structures including hospitals and healthcare communities.
- Manage the territory in an efficient and orderly manner, ascribing to principles of key physician/account prioritization, daily call reporting, and sample accountability. Develop and execute effective business plans.
- Demonstrate completion of administrative requirements including budget management, log-ins, sample accounting, expense reports etc. within timelines and company guidelines.
- Operate the territory within the assigned expense budget.
- Complete all required training courses and continually updates product knowledge.
- Comply with all provincial and federal laws, regulations and guidelines including Rx&D Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals as well as complying with all Ipsen's standards and policies relating to all job activities.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understand and address managed care issues within the territory.
- Identify and develop Subject Matter Experts within territory.
B.Sc. or B.A. degree required
- Minimum five years of experience as a Pharmaceutical Representative, and minimum of 2 years as a Specialty Care Rep.
- Experience in oncology area is strongly preferred
- Health education experience is a strong asset
- Academic background in healthcare is a strong asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Demonstrated team player
- Computer proficiency is required
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record are required (no more than three moving violation convictions within the past three years).
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Canada, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Canada, Inc. conducts background screening and reference checks as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
All Employees are expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model for company values.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: ancmg, breast, cancer, hem onc, hematology, lah, physician md, physician md do, radiation, thedacare
Loading some great jobs for you...