The Associate Director, Government & Commercial Contracts is accountable for supporting the contract administration process by partnering with Ipsen's Government Pricing (GP), Value & Access (V&A), Gross-to-Net (GTN) and Trade operations. Concentration will be on serving as a point of contact to provide Government Pricing analyses, generating reports on commercial and federal contract performance, validation of 340B eligibility, knowledge of regulations that impact U.S. Federal Pricing Programs (Medicaid, Federal Supply Schedule and PHS340B), monitoring activities on Chargeback reports as well as collaborating with the implementation of systems and procedures that are in accordance with corporate objectives. Additional responsibilities include risk management by performing internal audits on historical GP calculations, reported Best Prices, paid rebate payment packages, and ensuring department policies and procedures reflect current best practices.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and review Contract/Rebate strategies (review of contract documents including, but not limited to Contract Terms and Conditions, automated capabilities to administer contracts within Model N), ensure contract language includes required data needed to process rebate payments, clarity regarding membership eligibility. Shared best practices in contract administration.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to perform analyses to project the impact commercial discount strategies will have on Federal Prices (ASP, AMP, NonFAMP, PHS340B)
- Assist the Director, Government Pricing with internal audits on historically reported GPs and rebate payments
- Partner with V&A in the response to State Medicaid Agencies' RFPs. Key role will be providing pricing analyses that will support making informed decisions
- Responding to the Department of Veterans Affairs requests to update Federal Supply Schedule contract documents, i.e., annual Public Law, System for Award Management (SAM), annual Mass Modification, modifications initiated by Ipsen, etc.
- Liaison to the V&A and Trade teams. Responsible for understanding current and future needs relative to current or proposed contract management activities and requirements to automate the administration process via Model N
- Collaborate with the Director GTN to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of data used to support GTN forecasts
- Work with internal GP, V&A and GTN teams to effectively evaluate the accuracy, completeness and assumptions of data used to perform analyses on pricing scenarios' impact on ASP, AMP, NonFAMP, PHS340B, Best Price, etc.
- Develop effective reports and analytics that provide decision makers access to critical metrics and insights into contract performance
- Maintain contract and rebate tracking reports
- Partner with team (Ipsen and Model N) to automate contract administration efforts
- Contribute to development of and monitor compliance to Ipsen's Contract Policies and Procedures manuals
- Ensure SOPs are current and in compliance with laws and Ipsen's policies
- Ensure adherence to all Membership, Contracts, and Rebate process requirements. Responsible for communication of key process updates. Partner with internal/external customers to ensure data and/or requests (invoice packages) are submitted in accordance to contract terms; identify areas for improvement and provide actionable feedback
- Keep abreast of information which could have an impact on forecast drivers, i.e., contracted volume trends, contracted pricing trends, changes in customers' purchasing patterns
- Knowledge of U.S. Federal Pricing Programs regulations
- Serve as a backup resource for Government Price Reporting (ASP, AMP, NonFAMP, Best Price, PHS340B)
- Assist the Director, Government Pricing with the review of rebate payment packages and GP
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in healthcare environment, preferably pharmaceutical industry, contract management
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Solid understanding of contracts and contract terms including knowledge of contracting for brand pharmaceuticals
- Ability to successfully interact with upper management as well as cross-functional directors and manager level team members
- Knowledge of regulations guiding U.S. Federal Pricing Programs (Medicaid, Federal Supply Schedule and PHS340B)
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid experience in analytics, forecasting
- Experience with Model N and/or Revitas Revenue Management Suite
- Expertise in Finance and analytical tools including Excel, SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: accountant, budget, cost, financial analyst ii, financial analyst iii, fiscal, insurance, sas, surety, staff accountant