If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care - this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most - helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a compassionate and experienced Home Health Aid to provide personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care and agency policies and procedures. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter - providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we'll provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
As a Home Health Aide you will perform personal care activities including but not limited to, the provision and/or assistance of the following patient cares:
* Personal hygiene, grooming and shampooing * Use of bathroom, bedpan or commode for toileting and elimination * Bathing - bed, tub, shower and partial bath techniques * Oral care and care of dentures if applicable * Eating/Feeding * Dressing * Meal preparations - measure and prepare special diets * Perineal and urinary catheter care * Nail Care
Additional duties for this home health aide role include, but are not limited to:
* Preparing clinical notes which includes tasks that were performed and reasons assigned tasks were not performed * Obtaining and recording accurate vital signs * Caring for physical, emotional, and developmental needs of patient * Recognizing emergencies, knowledge of emergency procedures and basic home safety * Assists only self-directed clients with the self-administration of medications * Performs assigned activities that are delegated by an RN or PT for a specific patient. These include but are not limited to: * Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances for stable, chronic stomas (no irrigation)
* Reinforcement of dressings and bandages * Changes clean, non-sterile, dry dressings for simple, chronic wounds * Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living * Assist with range of motion exercises * Assist with self-administered urine tests for sugar, acetone or albumin * Assist with the application of orthotics
We are looking for a Home Health Aide with the ability to contribute as a team member as well as work without constant supervision. It is important to have strong communication skills including the ability to read, write, speak and understand English or the language of the client and/or sign language as needed. You mush have a working knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal and local level and maintain a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education/in-service training per calendar year.
In addition the qualifications for a Home Health Aide include but are not limited to:
* High School Graduate or GED * Successful completion of an approved Home Health Aide training program as required by state and/or federal guidelines * 6 months of experience as an Home Health Aide in healthcare (home care or facilities) * Current CPR Certification preferred and as required by state regulations * Auto liability insurance and a current and unrestricted drivers licences is required * Strongly preferred CNA license or as required by state regulation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.