QA Analyst (Vinton)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Job Role: QA AnalystLocation: Merrifield, VAType: FulltimeSalary: $60-65k baseThis is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance.Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Responsible for reviewing, verifying, and validating SDLC documentation such as Software Requirement Specifications, Software Master Test Plans, and Software Modification Orders. Examines documents prepared during the software development process to ensure technical accuracy, readability, and completeness.
- Proposes changes to satisfy documentation requirements, project objectives, and proposes updates to documentation to satisfy those requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring software requirements completely identify the functionality for the system, are traceable throughout all SDLC documentation, and have been tested.
- Responsible for observing testing, understanding how testing is conducted, and reporting results.
- Responsible for acquiring, reviewing, modifying, and tracking execution and updates against a release schedule.
- Must be able to write technically accurate and detailed Software Test Reports and TARs. Must track release to process compliance and schedule.
- Drives continuous improvement.
- Must have knowledge of IEEE standards, IEEE templates, and/or CMMI.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- At least three (3) years of experience in
- quality assurance in a software development environment
- reviewing, verifying, and validating SDLC documentation
- ensuring requirements traceability throughout all SDLC documentation
- writing technical reports that are technically accurate, complete, and correct
- Experience in reviewing, maintaining, and applying status updates to schedules.
- Experience using and applying CMMI or IEEE standards.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organization and time management skills; and the ability to problem-solve and apply policies and procedures to resolve complex situations.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel (10-20%)
- Experience with Serena Business Manager
- Experience with Serena Dimensions
- Experience in a production manufacturing and/or logistics environment
- Experience working within a government environment
Associated topics: automation, performance test, prevent, prevention, qa, quality assurance, quality assurance engineer, software quality, software quality engineer, software quality assurance engineer
Loading some great jobs for you...