AtIngersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. Weadvance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficientenvironments. Our people and our family of brands?including ClubCar?, Ingersoll Rand?, Thermo King?, Trane?, AmericanStandard? Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO? -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit
Why Trane Is The Best Company for HVACField Technicians:
* Traneis recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building ControlsSystems
* Highlycompetitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cashcompensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
* Dedicatedto a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
* Unlimitedopportunities for career development and promotions
* Determinedfocus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the companywhere everyone wants to work)
* WorldClass continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
* Company-widecommitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
* Organizationalencouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
* Latemodel, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smartphone
This role isthe primary service and maintenance contact for Ingersoll Rand/Trane customers ina defined market with a diverse commercial base including Healthcare, ProcessManufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions, and Office Complexes. Youwill be commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC systemsin a commercial environment. In order to perform your task you will utilizeyour knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanicallayouts. This position affords you the opportunity to work with internal andexternal partners ranging from new facility set ups to existing facility retrofits. Ingersoll Rand/Trane affords you the opportunity to work directly for aleading manufacture giving you access to technical support, training on newesttechnology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity for growth.
In this position you will establish &maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers througheffective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and faceto face. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance,inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement, andmodifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by customers. Communicating with customers and/or ProjectManagers regarding inspection/service findings is required.
* Responsiblefor end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning,and servicing on assigned projects.
* Representsthe company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible forservicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customersatisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment andsystems at customer's location.
* Coordinateswith team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-siteinstallation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecastingissues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
* Usescutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools,following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repairunits.
* Continuallyenforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security andaccountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear andconditions.
* Displaysteam effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to workovertime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnightstays.
* AHigh School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in HVAC as a Service Technician; orequivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience isrequired.
* Operatingknowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand heldcomputer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
* Mustpossess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major orfrequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
* DUI in the previous 5 years
* Hit & Run, License Suspension,Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventablecollisions in the previous 3 years.
* EPACertification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installeretc.).
* Thisposition requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited tomechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposureto extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock(high voltage).
* Thisposition is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers,walking, stooping, and kneeling. Itrequires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently liftand or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40lbs.
We are committed tohelping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offercompetitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies andcomprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed tobuilding an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values thedifferent backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spursinnovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passionfor inspiring progress?for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economiesand societies operate?then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins withyou.
Associated topics: air conditioning, air filter, batt, boiler, environmental, gas, hvac technician, hvac r, refrigeration, thermograph
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.