The position of Head of Operations is one of high responsibility and accountability within the operations team. The Head of Operations will lead on the operations management for an array of events within the vertical, including the operations of our New York platform publishing businesses. The environment is busy and challenging and you have to be able to work on multiple projects ensuring consistency in delivery.
The Head of Operations will work closely with the Principal Operations Director, managing the delivery of Global Finance's US events from beginning to end with the rest of the operations team, developing and creating new innovative products that will enhance the customer experience at Global Finance events and on our platforms. The role will have 3
The Head of Operations will be heading up our US events, creating the event strategy with the project team, managing the venue process and onsite delivery. The role will be responsible for the operations strategy and delivery of 11 events per annum with an annual revenue of $19+ million, looking after a cost budget of over $8+ million. The events range from conferences, exhibitions and awards, from the flagship event of over 2300+ attendees and 120+ exhibition stands to bespoke awards ceremony for 500 people and smaller 100-person conferences. As a team leader you will shape and develop the NYC team into high performing individuals that deliver exceptional events.
In this role you will:
- Create and design a detailed roadmap and project plan with the Principal Operations Director for the events, with clarity of expectations and deadlines for all stakeholders within the Portfolio.
- Create a culture and structure in delivery that reflects the customer centricity of Informa Connect leveraging digital platforms to deliver a premium service to all clients.
- Responsible for timely, accurate budgeting and forecasting of event costs within the portfolio whilst leveraging procurement partnerships delivering cost savings which may be reinvested.
- Detailed structure to the full event planning process, with clear project timelines and milestones and management responsibility for the delivery and success of the events.
- Lead and shape the look and feel of the event brands, standardising the operations delivery model to enable creative and innovative solutions in delivery and identify commercial opportunities.
- Create a collaborative working culture within the team, and across the other functions. Always striving to improve working relationships and team motivation.
- Work closely with the Product, Sales & Marketing managers to design the customer journey to all events.
- Work with centrally procured suppliers, to significantly improve the experience for our commercial clients and attendees at the events, providing a new inventory of products and services that will set GF events apart from its competitors.
- Experience in designing, building and construction of exhibitions including strong floorplan management is essential.
- Work with the Principal Operations Director to identify and develop core processes in delivery and strategic partnerships across the business to further enhance the customer experience and opportunities at events
- Design innovative space and digital features for the large conferences. Work with creative design partners to standardise and deliver exceptional stage sets that will set the standard for events.
- Project manage the delivery for the events with clear defined roles and responsibility taking ownership of the overall event delivery
- Enhance the customer's perception of the event portfolio and delivery, differentiating us from our competitors
- Working closely with the Principal Operations Director, identifying the right products that will meet and enhance the audience needs across the portfolio of events.
- Manage transition and integration of the publishing businesses to our team structure, systems and processes.
- Lead, manage, deliver and own the events from conception to onsite delivery including working with Procurement to identify and contract venues, suppliers and services as required.
- Communicate the detailed delivery plan with clear accountability pre-event and onsite for all stakeholders within the business, to ensure exceptional delivery onsite.
- Enhance the customer's perception of the GF businesses and differentiate us from competitors by delivering a professional on-site registration process.
- Attend event planning meetings, presenting clear and concise updates on the event milestones, identifying and addressing any impacts to the event and proposed resolutions.
- Strong relationships with Sales to provide clear guidance on the commercial opportunities at the events.
- Clear management and ownership of the customer journey, understanding and managing crowd dynamics with thorough walk-throughs to map out the customer journey, signage, branding and identify social networking. All will be adequately resourced with clarity of personal touch points and technology enabled.
- Accountable for all Health and Safety pre and onsite for the events in line with Informa Connect compliance.
- Organize debriefs post event, to continuously improve the events, and cascade to the operations teams setting future expectations. Celebrate the successes and develop resolutions for challenges experienced.
- Work closely with the rest of the operations team, liaising with the content producers and managing editors in the portfolio, culminating in streamlined processes.
- Research and identifying the right products with the Principal Operations Director that will meet and enhance the audience needs across the portfolio.
What you'll need to succeed:
- An established track record of delivering world class events in the B2B or B2C space, conferences, exhibitions and awards for 6+ years.
- Experience at working within a publishing business preferred.
- Previously worked closely with product, marketing, commercial, sales, editors and finance departments.
- Proven experience in working on international conferences and exhibitions
- Experience in managing a team and working with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Strong consistent communication skills, with the ability to flex as appropriate and build strong relationships
- Experience of developing and delivering new ideas, even in the face of long established status quo
- The ability to help create and amend short and medium-term strategies
- Extremely strong financial and analytical skills, with a strong track record of managing, reporting, forecasting and budgeting across multiple events and business plans
- Experience in managing, motivating and empowering teams; identifying opportunities for personnel development to further enhance the teams career progression
- Ambitious, energetic, positive and inquisitive constantly looking for the upside and ways of making things better
- Ideas generated, able to bring ideas to the table with confidence and deliver them through.
- Charismatic and passionate, able to inspire the team and your peers
- Determined and driven happy to break through barriers and challenge the status quo
- Naturally operate within the values of the organization acting with integrity in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Proactively manage all aspects of our business, someone who is happy getting their hands dirty and takes time to listen to stakeholders.
Who we are:
Informa Connect is a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge. We operate major branded events in Global Finance, Life Sciences and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets, and connect communities online year-round.
Informa Connect's Global Finance business offers cutting-edge market-driven content and facilitated networking, delivered through major branded events and year-round digital platforms to specialist communities in international finance. We are the leading event organiser for professional Finance communities, with specialist brands in the Private Equity, Investment Management, Banking and Payments and Fintech sectors.
Informa Connect's Global Finance business operates over 200 events a year, which collectively attract more than 30,000 senior attendees and share the insight of over 6,000 leading speakers annually. Through our continually-enhanced live events, and our digital communities based on exclusive content, customers gain fresh insights, build relationships and create new commercial opportunities.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender orientation, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
StartWire is powered by a team of recruiting industry veterans, job search experts, world-class technologists, and forward thinking investors all unified by a simple mission: to radically improve job search.
Associated topics: business, capital, commercial, commission, economy asset, market, financial analyst, pricing, real estate, wholesale