Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world's most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.Responsibilities
- Provides testing per specific test procedures by using measuring instruments and computer test programs for vehicle systems or products.
- Provides customer support and training for new and existing customers both in house and in the field.
- Supports the production and manufacturing functions.
- Supports the production and assembly of test boards.
- Maintains vehicle repairs, upgrades and execution of test procedures in new and existing vehicles.
- Have routine computer skills (directory structure, hyperterm, applications).
- Performs pre-mission tasks (vehicle mission programming, vehicle checkout). Be able to recognize when something is out of spec.
- Performs post mission data download and analysis
- Performs level "one" troubleshooting; visual inspection, use of DVM, basic schematic reading.
- Leads normal vehicle systems field operations for testing. Design mission to perform needed tasks and get best information out of it. Have a good grasp on what to do if things do NOT go right.
- Documents test results with appropriate information in a complete manner and communicate to all required.
- Reads and interprets specific test procedures to properly perform and document test results.
- Performs all job responsibilities in support of Product Quality Standards.
- Communicates all design problems and "bugs" to the correct areas within the organization.
- Travel: Local sea/boat testing at 25-40%, customer-site training is as required at 1-2 weeks per trip, rotational posting of 3 months possible.
- Must be able to work in the field unsupervised.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; AutoCAD; Orcad and Internet Explorer.
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast-paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic attitude.
- Electrical/electronic/circuitry background, capable of independent troubleshooting/repair.
- Must have an active secret clearance.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information ("CUI") and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.Don't forget to check us out here!Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HydroidInc/ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/2687093 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL98CMrgZp0XpHM22GtxGEA
Loading some great jobs for you...