Job Title : Meat Service Manager FLSA : Non-Exempt
General Function :
The meat specialist is a fully skilled job that cuts and merchandises all fresh meat commodities.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers,
Meat Manager or Assistant Meat Manager where applicable.
Direct Reports: Under certain circumstances, Meat Clerks and part- time meat department employees could report to this person.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
· escorting them to the products they're looking for
· securing products that are out of reach
· loading or unloading heavy items
· making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
· performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
6. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
7. Tenderizes, grinds, and cuts merchandise.
8. Prepares cutting lists for case fills.
9. Conducts cutting tests.
10. Orders new items (not strictly for replenishment).
11. Monitors refrigeration for proper temperatures.
12. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
13. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
14. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages the department in the absence of the department manager and assistant department manager.
2. Wraps, weighs, and labels product.
3. Performs cleaning in the department.
4. Replenishes and organizes coolers.
5. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
6. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Manages the department in the absence of the Department Manager and Assistant Department Manager.
Education and Experience:
High School or equivalent, Hy-Vee food safety training. Over one year of related work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
Working Conditions :
This position is exposed daily to dirt, noise, temperature extremes, dampness, vibrations, equipment movement hazards, cleaning chemicals/solvents, and electrical shock. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Power ban saw, Grinder, Tenderizer, Slicker, Bone duster (where applicable), Knives, Tumblers, Automatic patty machine (where applicable), Automatic stuffier, Wrapping system, Rotisserie, Pallet jack, Familiar with software.
Has access to confidential information such as cutting tests, tonnage sheets, monthly reports, and projection sheets.
Has daily contact with customers and the general public, and vendors/suppliers in the absence of the department manager.
Clinical Care Specialist/Staff Nurse opening in , Missouri. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com* 8 weeks, ASAP start* M-F, 8 …Read More