HR Works, Inc. is a national leader in human resources and benefits consulting services. If you like challenges, are passionate about delivering quality service and enjoy connecting with clients, we encourage you to consider HR Works.
HR Works, Inc. continually looks for HR professionals who can work part-time, flexible hours for clients in the Syracuse, NY or surrounding areas managing day to day tactical HR functions.
Plans and carries out policies relating to all phases of human resources activity for primarily small to mid-size companies by performing some or all of the following responsibilities:
Data Tracking and Record-keeping:
• Keeps records of applicant flow and new hire demographics for governmental reporting purposes.
• Keeps records of insurance coverage, pension plans, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
• Tracks HR expenses and provides input to the budget for human resources operations.
Benefits and Compensation Administration:
• Administers all benefit plans including enrollment, record-keeping, resolving employee issues, compliance testing, and verifying bills. Administers COBRA and FMLA. Conducts employee meetings on benefit plans and coordinates other benefit communications.
• Administers compensation plan. Coordinates performance appraisal program.
• May handle company payroll input and processing.
Employment and Recruiting:
• Advertises job openings, screens and interviews candidates, completes reference and other background checks for candidates to fill vacant positions. Facilitates drug testing and other pre-employment testing.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation. Ensures all required new hire paperwork is completed and filed accordingly.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Represents organization at unemployment and workers compensation hearings and investigations.
• Advises employees on career development, interpretation of company policies and other aspects of the employment relationship.
• Coordinates employee events.
• Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier under the direction of the Director of HR Outsourcing.
• Observes all safety rules and regulations for self and others.
• Maintains knowledge and skills in human resources by reading professional publications, attending seminars and HR Works staff meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Maintains a clean and organized work space.
• Five (5) years progressive HR Generalist work, including significant Benefits Administration and Procurement experience, Employee Relations and Recruitment.
• Current knowledge of State and Federal employment law, including experience with practical application and interpretation of.
• Strong analytical skills – able to research, analyze and make recommendations.
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Excel (required), HRIS and/or payroll system(s) experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field strongly desired
• PHR/SPHR Certification or other related certifications desired (i.e. CEBS, CCP)
HR Works, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. HR Works, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.HR Works, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. HR Works, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Family Practice physician job in New York : Job Details: Location : Upstate New York (1-hr south of Rochester, NY ) Specialty : Family Medicine Requi…Read More
Emergency and Trauma opening in , New York. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.comClient in NY seeking RN ER I (RN) to work 11.5…Read More