- The focus of the Business Analyst will be around supporting configuration for data warehousing procedures and development of our rigorous systems testing process.
- Aid in the development of test scripts and perform those test scripts in our testing environments. Examples of testing needs include validation of the mapping, movement, and aggregation of large datasets, validation of database calculations, regression testing, and other needs as defined by project requirements.
- Supply superior documentation of those tests which is crucial for our successful migration to production.
- Present any findings during testing to the team concisely so that action plans can be developed to remediate the issue quickly.
- Responsible for developing business specifications (e.g., calculations, inputs, outputs)
- Interacting with Business and Systems personnel to support the areas business needs
- Researching and responding to questions from key partners
- Researching product, calculation and rules issues that need to be supported in the system
- Participating in the testing of various systems to ensure accuracy of numbers and disclosure, including the reporting, analysis, and de-bugging of errors; and coordinating the appropriate review and approval of some specifications.
- May also develop test plans and test decks.
- College degree (required) in Math, Accounting, Finance, Business or Management Information Systems (preferred)
- Knowledge of Actuarial modelling systems is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft desktop Applications
- Proficiency in SQL
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Steve at for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 24 months/RTH
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center:
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: analyse, business analyst, business analytic, business finance, consult, examiner, financial reporting analyst, investment analytics, regulation, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...