A prestigious Northeast firm is seeking an experienced civil litigation paralegal to help, on-site at the firm's Newark, NJ offices on a part-time basis (either 3 full days per week, or half-days Monday through Friday). The paralegal will play an instrumental part in helping the firm with 1 or more upcoming complex litigation matters. In particular, the paralegal will assist with the submission pre-trial motions and preparation for trial, including management of physical and electronic documents, preparation of exhibit and evidence binders, assistance with correspondence and filings, and general paralegal support.
- Support attorneys with legal and administrative tasks, as needed.
- Prepare trial binders, and assist with trial preparation.
- Maintain knowledge of local rules pertaining to (1) calendaring of case appearances and deadlines; and (2) submission of pleadings, motions, briefs, and other court documents.
- Compile, code, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data.
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Draft and/or assist with drafting of legal correspondence to be sent to opposing counsel.
- Coordinate law office activity including legal correspondence, execution of contracts, pleadings, documents, and management of calendars/deadlines.