COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Heska is dedicated to quality pet care. Through innovation, invention, and strategic partnerships with worldwide leaders in diagnostics and treatments. Heska provides the benefits of latest generation technologies to pet healthcare providers. Heskas range of complete blood diagnostic solutions include Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Gas & Electrolytes, Immunodiagnostics, Heartworm, and other blood testing. Treatments and testing include Immunotherapy and complete Allergy solutions.
JOB SUMMARY: The Field Support Representative I (FSR) position supports field sales activity and operations for several contiguous territories, with a strong emphasis on veterinary clinical instrumentation. The FSR executes hardware and accessory installation, software connectivity, detailed end-user hands-on technical and medical training for analyzers in various categories including clinical chemistry, hematology, immunoassay and blood gas analysis.
Extensive travel with effective call routing, frequent clinic visits, and overnight travel will be required based on territory size and demand. Rapport development and enhancing greater Heska brand awareness in veterinary hospitals is a pivotal aspect of the role. Implementing, delivering, and executing specific training to clinic staff to properly operate and maximize use of company analyzers and other products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Field installations, User Training, Field Support:
- Plan, schedule, organize, document and perform chemistry, hematology, immunoassay and blood gas analyzer installations along with veterinary clinic staff training; produces high quality work in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance to training standards.
- Reviews and provides suggested optimization for individual clinic sample handling, workflow, and patient results management.
- Delivers a high level of customer service to clients to optimize customer retention.
- Work with TSS to troubleshoot diagnostic technical issues on site.
- Visits hospitals/clinics to train staff on basic maintenance of analyzers to ensure optimal performance, review training needs, and review inventory consumable needs.
- Maintains efficiency of clinic coverage, accountable to maintain call coverage within set guidelines.
- Prepares, provides and conveys diversified information, which may be of a technical or competitive nature through departmental procedures and directives.
- Serves as an on-site liaison between customer and Heska Corporation.
- Facilitate repeated clinic staff training as needed to ensure optimal customer retention, analyzer usage, and maximum analyzer up-time.
- Log all customer-related activity with attention to detail and in a timely manner in the corporate customer management database.
In-clinic visits, troubleshooting, maintenance and support:
- Work with the Technical Support Services (TSS) department to alleviate technical issues in identified clinics requiring re-training, analyzer maintenance, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with Sales and TSS on an ongoing, pro-active basis to formulate solutions to various clinic and territory technical needs.
Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years veterinary technician clinical experience.
- Certified, Registered, or Licensed Veterinary Technician degree from an AVMA-accredited program in veterinary technology. A Bachelors degree in Animal Science or related field with extensive veterinary technician clinical experience will be considered.
- Requires high level of rapport development and customer service orientation.
- Strong attention to technical detail and ability to convey and teach technical information concisely.
- Basic computer skills for database note taking, call routing, and email communication.
- Requires a clean driving history, and valid drivers license.
- Ability to manage a heavy travel schedule for customer meetings within multiple sales territories, with frequent overnight visits expected; company car provided.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to implement, deliver, and execute specific training to clinic staff to properly operate and maximize use of analyzers, other products, as well as first level troubleshooting.
- Customer service provided to our customers.
- Displays a level of rapport development, and customer service orientation.
- Moderate computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment. Demonstrated skills in database management (note taking and call routing).
- Attention to technical detail, and ability to convey and teach that information concisely.
- Evidence of clean driving history and valid driver's license.
- Ability to accommodate heavy travel within multiple sales territories, with frequent overnight visits.
- Rapport development and ability to develop greater Heska brand awareness in veterinary hospitals/clinics.
- Willingness to share skills, knowledge and expertise to assist in the growth and development of others.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of covering multiple time zones.
- Position requires up to 75% travel.
- Must be able to drive an automobile, stand for long periods of time, sit for long periods of time, and the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Requires manual dexterity to operate computer, keyboard, and other office equipment. Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers, reports, and computer terminals. Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Company Paid, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan
Associated topics: assist, assistance, front desk, help desk, patient, service, support, technical, technician i, technician ii