GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: This position is responsible for the reception of all the people that enter the building in a professional and confidential manner. This high volume practice requires a detail-oriented person to obtain relevant patient information and apply it to various medical applications for the purpose of maintaining proper records
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Front Office Manager
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for long periods of time. Also
Stooping, bending and stretching. Lifting up to
30 lbs. Requires manual dexterity efficient to
operate equipment as necessary. Vision and hearing must be within normal range.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work performed in an office setting. Involves frequent contact with staff, patients and the general public. Expected to share workspace with another employee if needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Checking in Patients
Mainly responsible for ensuring patients:
* Are queued to the correct appointment in Mosaiq * Receive their bracelet after their identity has been verified * Have the correct and current insurance in Mosaiq * Pay their co-pays for each visit that requires one * Have an encounter created for each visit in NextGen * Continually maintain and update demographics, medical information releases and insurance information * Reception
This position is responsible for the reception of all the people that enter the building in a professional and confidential manner. This includes (but is not limited to) making phone calls to notify the appropriate parties, signing for deliveries, directing people to their destinations, maintaining lobby, assisting different people with a wide range problems and questions.
* Drawer and Receipt Book
The front desk position is responsible for the drawer with cash, checks and credit card payments from patients for visit co-pays and account balances, in addition to the receipt book that records the transactions. The payer of any amount should always be issued a receipt. At the end of every day the drawer will be balanced against the receipt book to ensure the daily deposited amount is correct.
* Hospital List and Obituaries
Everyday the hospital lists are printed, and then distributed to appropriate staff. New hospital admissions and dates of death of our patients must be entered into the systems.
Occasionally, when needed this position will perform full intakes with new consults as well as partial intakes with existing patients. During an intake all or a portion of the following occur:
* Patient is introduced to the practice by explanation of mission statement and brief description of services provided at the various locations. * Demographic section of the e-chart is completed with information given by patient. * Medical information releases, financial agreement, and VPD are explained to and signed by the patient. * A picture is taken of the patient and linked into Mosaiq for identification. * The patient is queued and shown the waiting area.
6. Verification of Patient Data
This list may not include all of the duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Needs to be skilled in identifying/investigating problems and arriving at solution. Skill in computer applications is necessary. Must possess the ability to maintain effective working relationship with patients, staff and the public. Ability to establish priorities, work independently and carry out objectives without constant supervision. Needs to be knowledgeable in the office systems and practice policies. Must have flexibility in schedule and travel to different local sites.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: One year in a customer service and/or reception position in a fast paced environment.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.