Compensation: $53,110.00 - $77,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) typically services long term care and nursing facilities and is now hiring a Maintenance Manager in your area! HCSG has a custom, state of the art training program!
- Manages and supervises the Maintenance, Environmental Services, Laundry and Floor care staff at a single site according to policies and procedures, and federal/state requirements.
- Provides leadership, support, coordination and guidance to ensure that quality standards, inventory levels, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- Responsible for coordinating and insuring the satisfactory and timely completion of project and program work done in the building on varying shifts.
- Plans, schedules, and supervises all maintenance and repair work of the building, grounds and utility systems, including but not limited to:
- Patching walls, repairing broken locks, changing out light bulbs, and painting.
- Installing and performing general maintenance on appliances and equipment
- Garden, yard and grounds upkeep.
- Inspecting, trouble shooting, and routine maintenance checks on building systems (e.g. ventilation, fire alarm, etc.).
- Requests and orders equipment and materials for all installations and repairs.
- Assigns personnel to specific jobs as well as daily coverage areas.
- Performs follow-up inspections to ensure that any work performed was done in accordance with departmental and OSHA safety standards.
- Takes competitive bids for all contract work to be performed and maintains all pertinent records.
- Performs all daily, weekly, quarterly and annual tests and inspections to ensure all operating systems remain current and active.
- Maintains records of income and expenditures, supplies, personnel and equipment.
- Secure and assure that all equipment is maintained and in working order.
- Makes sure facility has sufficient janitorial supplies.
- Takes periodic inventories of supplies and materials, trains new employees, and recommends dismissals.
- Acts as liaison between building occupants or administrators and HCSG staff.
- The Manager must be able to communicate effectively all directives from managers, building occupants and administrators to HCSG staff.
- Is able to perform the job assignments of the maintenance worker, light housekeeper, heavy housekeeper, laundry worker and personal clothing worker.
- Training, quality control and in-servicing staff is an essential part of this position s responsibility and includes touring building several times per day to assess work quality using QCIs for documentation purposes.
- The Manager is a department head in the facility and must conduct themselves and their department in a professional manner.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Five years experience in building and facility maintenance is desired.
- Two years experience with personnel management required.
- Strong visual acuity to inspect all maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of NFPA 101, OSHA and EPA regulations required.
- Knowledge of Environmental Services, laundry and floor care program requirements.
- Knowledge of and ability to use all department equipment.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all In-Services.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and place into action basic infection control procedures.
- The ability to handle and mix chemicals safely and properly.
- Ability to work all shifts as needed.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required.
- Written and oral communication and teaching skills.
- Skill in using public relations techniques (diffusing situations) to promote the Environmental Services, laundry and floor care program to client and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other personnel and the public.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend, climb, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures (indoors & outdoors)
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Associated topics: commercial, community, facilities, general manager, housing property, manager i, manager iii, representative, resident, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...