The Group Fitness Supervisor implements and supervises the class schedule for 14 clubs island wide. He/she serves at the main contact for everything related to group fitness. Also coordinates and provides continuing education for instructors, trainers, employees, and the management team regarding the latest fitness trends, equipment recommendations and best practices regarding Group Fitness and Personal Training. Oversee and ensure the highest quality standards regarding group fitness GF, small group training SGT and personal training PT enabling our clubs to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Must travel to all clubs regularly, to evaluate each club's Group Fitness Department.
- Supervises group fitness instructors and personal trainers who teach group classes to ensure safe and effective class techniques and instruction.
- Communicates club level changes to all instructors.
- Responsible for the coverage of any open classes and oversees proper sub procedures at club level.
- Ensures that group fitness equipment and studio are class ready and hold instructors accountable for the appearance of the group fitness studios.
- Develop and implement a series of high-demand classes.
- Train, develop, and recruit the best instructors and create regular opportunities for continuing education.
- Work with the HCOA District Manager on a regular basis to cross-promote all departments and develop initiatives for further integration.
- Submit weekly reports on class attendance.
- Conduct regular industry research to identify the most popular and innovative classes.
- Submit request for supplies to General Manager to ensure instructors have all necessary equipment.
- Work with general managers GM and district managers DM regarding club services performance in GF, SGT and PT, as well as oversee class payroll budgets.
- Do a club performance evaluation in GF, SGT and PT on a quarterly basis. Discuss evaluation with GM, FD and DM. Send data to Senior Vice President SVP.
- Create and help implement better practices and SOP on GF, SGT and PT services.
- Assist clubs in GF, SGT and PT instructor and trainer overall evaluations as company representative.
- Provide training on equipment and services for new employees, trainers, instructors GM and DM.
- Audit government and legal paperwork required for instructors to offer general group exercise or branded workout programs.
- Keep HCOA Fitness as a government credited provider of education.
- Work on projects as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelors in Fitness related industry preferred
- 4+ years in a fitness industry- preferably in a managerial role.
- Maintain valid CPR Certification.
- Nationally Accredited Group Fitness Certification: AFAA, ACE, or NASM preferred.
- DRD Certified.
This is a full-time, salaried position and includes a car allowance.
HCOA Fitness is an operator of 14 full service fitness clubs and two CrossFit boxes all located in Puerto Rico. We offer our members a welcoming fitness community in which they can achieve their goals and obtain lifelong results. The company's fitness club portfolio includes four women's only clubs and ten unisex clubs. While primarily serving the middle market, four of HCOA's unisex clubs target Puerto Rico's under-served affluent market with a premium club offering and experience, thus giving the company a broader consumer reach. The private company is the largest, fully integrated fitness operator in Puerto Rico, as well as the Caribbean.