- HCC Life Insurance
- $150,470.00 -150,470.00/year*
2 E 2nd St
Responsible for all regional underwriting, marketing and administrative functions of HCC Life - Stop Loss Partners Division. Responsible for production, underwriting margin, regional expenses and net income for the division.
Relying on a broad business background combined with extensive skills, expert knowledge and superior leadership, the Senior Vice President A&H is accountable for the following responsibilities for the Stop Loss Partners Division:
* Works in conjunction with others in the Executive Management Group on product development and process improvements as they relate to the market and regional offices:
* Focus on underwriting workflow and processes with Corporate Underwriting
* Policy offerings, product improvement and compliance with Regulatory and Compliance.
* Marketing initiatives with Corporate Marketing
* Claims insight with Claims
* Premium collection and ACH initiatives with CFO
* Provides training, mentoring and management oversight for all direct reports.
* Serves as a liaison for BCBS and other BUCA businesses
* Presents new business opportunities to HCC Life based on prior business relationships
* Serves as a key contact for national and regional relationships.
* Monthly oversight of production results based on Medical Bound reports
* Tracks and monitors loss ratio development through point in time, projection model, and actuarial reports
* Serves as the primary resource for all hiring and personnel decisions
* Participates in industry meetings as needed: SIIA, SPBA, TPAAA, etc.
* Responsible for communicating and monitoring all objectives for the divisional staff
* Works directly with SVPs on the MUN workflow and processes to consider improvements for resources and effectiveness
* Oversight of all override programs to adhere to company policy and meet budget objectives
* Direct development of primarily long-term plans for designated area of the organization.
* Anticipate changes in demand and technologies and adjust strategy to accommodate them.
* Develop organizational synergy by encouraging sharing of resources.
* Communicate organizational direction or results to all levels, internally and externally.
* Lead development of organization reports for internal/external distribution.
* Present briefings to obtain consensus/approval.
* Develop and accountable for budget of a major segment of operations.
* Set objectives, policies, and procedures for area of responsibility
Business Controls and Policies
* Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
* Create environment that encourages development and implementation of effective business controls and policies.
* Allocate resources to ensure proper implementation and monitoring.
* Has full HR responsibility for direct reports including making hiring decisions, training, coordinating work, establishing standards, reviewing work, conducting performance appraisals and providing coaching or counseling.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience. Master's degree preferred
* Minimum of twelve years or relevant and progressive experience in broad areas of expertise
* Minimum of eight years of leadership experience
* Possess and have ability to apply advanced knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
* Superior organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company's business to proactively respond to changing business environment
* Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities
* May require travel outside normal work location up to 20%
* May require a valid passport
* May require a valid driver's license
* May be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time
* May be required to move up to 10 pounds
* Must be able to operate a computer and other devices
* Close vision and ability to adjust focus, such as required to read a computer screen
Note: This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the job.
TMHCC will consider all requests for reasonable accommodation as outlined in the Employee Handbook. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Associated topics: analyst, demand, demand generation, endowment, event, marketplace, policy, presale, stewardship, twitter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...