Are you a RN, experienced in Quality and Patient Safety, and looking to use that experience to take that next step in your leadership career? Then look no further and apply today to join and help lead an incredible team as Director of Quality and Patient Safety at Summerville Medical Center!
The Director of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety is an inspiring leader who provides strategic, operational, and thought leadership to support Trident Health mission above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Striving to constantly provide evidenced based clinical care to patients, serving its community of patients and referring clinicians, and engaging its staff, patients, and their families in fostering innovation, education, and discovery. The Director works collaboratively with senior leadership, clinical department chairs, risk management, quality management, nursing, pharmacy, and administrative leadership to develop and implement a best-in-class hospital's quality and safety program and to ensure regulatory compliance and accreditation.
Summerville Medical Center is a 124-bed, acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's services, including \"home-like\" birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. As part of Trident Health, Summerville Medical Center has earned recognition as a leader in the delivery of healthcare in the Lowcountry.
For those who fit our dynamic, patient-focused culture, we offer advantages like:
* Our employees enjoy competitive salaries. * Get started on the right foot with our comprehensive orientation process. * Making a move? We offer relocation assistance. * Specialty specific educators provide valuable mentorship. * We value continued learning and offer tuition reimbursement.program * Our wide-ranging benefit package is designed to empower your total well-being. * Dedicated to nursing excellence and patient-centered care, we have a collaborative approach to quality and safety.
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, HCA South Atlantic, provides unprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within 178 hospitals and 1,800 sites of care located in 20 states and the United Kingdom.
1. Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of South Carolina
2. Certification with CPHQ, CPHRM, and/or CPPS preferred
Education: Bachelor degree required. A strong candidate would also possess a Master's Degree in Nursing or other appropriate postgraduate health science.
1. RN required with at least 5 years of relevant acute-care hospital experience in quality, patient safety, regulatory and accreditation, and performance improvement
2. Knowledgeable and experienced in Lean, Six Sigma, PDSA or other performance improvement methods, with record of successful improvement projects
3. Strong record of leadership, project management, collaboration
4. Demonstrated analytic and computer skills including use of statistical process control charts, with strong writing, problem solving, and communication skills