SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Charge Nurse in the Surgical Unit at HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood Kingwood, Texas
Charge Nurse (RN) - Surgical Unit
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years. It is home to the areas only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs. Our Women & Childrens Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the areas only pediatric emergency department. For more information, visit our website at . HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For more information, visit .
What you will do in this role:
- The Charge Nurse is a registered nurse responsible for the daily operational aspects of the unit, and assists the Director/Manager in the achievement of the service goals and objectives.
- The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
- The Charge Nurse establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their unit with those of the unit and Kingwood Medical Center.
- The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Charge Nurse into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
- The Charge Nurse functions in the role of expert clinical practitioner, educator, consultant, researcher, and administrator/leader. Incorporated within each of these functions are those of role model, patient advocate, change agent, and cost-effective practitioner.
- The ultimate goal of the position is the improvement of unit operations, patient care and patient outcomes.
- The Charge Nurse is expected to provide scheduled and/or relief staffing within their unit, and to apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- The Charge Nurse will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the adult and geriatric population.
- The Charge Nurse is responsible for the coordination of nursing care for patients on the unit in order to ensure the provision of quality care and services.
- Patients served include adult through geriatric age.
- In collaboration with the unit supervisor, the charge nurse assists with counseling and disciplinary processes of the nursing staff as well as ongoing assessment of knowledge and skills to assist in the annual evaluation process.
- The charge nurse also assists with administrative tasks as assigned by the unit supervisor which include but are not limited to entering of departmental charges, staffing, outcomes monitoring, the provision of additional in-services and impromptu education for unit staff.
- Other aspects of the role include the ability to critically think and intervene in a crisis situation.
- The charge nurse is responsible for knowledge and skill in the nursing care for multiple diagnosis related conditions of patients including cardiovascular, pulmonary, GI/GU, renal, and multiple organ system failure within the scope of services provided on the unit.
- The charge nurse must be able to multitask and delegate appropriately to other staff members to insure safety for all patients is maintained.
Qualifications What you will do in this role:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
- Three (3) years recent clinical experience as an RN Associated topics: bsn, care, domiciliary, hospice, infusion, intensive care unit, psychatric, staff nurse, transitional, unit