Candidates applying to this requisition may be considered for future openings. The interview process consists of the following:
1. A 20-minute telephone interview.
2. A 90-minute on-site group interview in the Kahului Area
3. A 30-minute final interview on the same day as the on-site group interview.
Travel to/from the interviews and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Candidates successful in the interview process may be invited to classroom training in Honolulu for 3 weeks. Training is held Monday - Friday, 8 hours per day, and is unpaid.
Our Cargo Agents provide our customers with personalized service and solutions to meet their shipping needs.
Our best Cargo Agents communicate clearly and can switch from an office environment to a warehouse environment with ease.
Pay and Benefits
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement and the pay for this position is $11.25 per hour.
Medical, dental and vision benefits are provided in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and may not be available for all positions.
Per the collective bargaining agreement, work schedules are awarded based on seniority. New hires are awarded their initial shift based on operational need and must be able to accept any shift.
Work schedules are set, 5 days on, 2 days off. Shifts do not change unless there is an operational need.
Part-time is 5 to 6 hours per shift and full-time is 8 hours per shift. Part-time employees may be extended to full-time hours based on operational need. We do not offer part-time with less than 5 days per week. Based on operational need, you may need to report to work early and/or work beyond your scheduled end time.
The airport is busiest in the middle of the day (typically 9am - 4pm). Nearly all new hires are awarded shifts during this timeframe. If you have a full-time job during the day, please consider this before applying.
If You Do Not Reside on Island
If hired, based on operational need, you will be required to report to work early and/or work beyond your scheduled end time. Those who plan to fly to get to/from work would have difficulty reporting to work early, which is a restriction in availability. It would be difficult for us to consider you and encourage you to monitor our careers website for an opportunity based on your desired work location.
* Legally authorized to work in the United States * Minimum age 18 possessing at least a high school diploma or equivalent * Valid driver's license issued in the United States (driver's permits and provisional driver's licenses not allowed) * Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. when checking in guests' bags * Ability to accept any work shift awarded * Ability to complete pre-employment drug test and if hired, random drug testing * Ability to fulfill comprehensive background checks and fingerprinting to satisfy company security requirements and obtain various clearances to work at the airport (SIDA, Customs, USPS as applicable) * No visible body art. Visible is considered anything seen while wearing a Hawaiian Airlines standard uniform piece (short-sleeved shirt or blouse), including but not limited to the neck area and above, any visible areas with arms lifted above the head, or any visible areas while in a crouching position. Covering tattoos with makeup, bandages or wearing a long-sleeved shirt under the short-sleeved standard uniform piece is not acceptable.
* Airline experience * Customer service experience in the hospitality industry
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian? has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Cond? Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai'i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai'i's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai'i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides approximately 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, with a total of more than 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian's Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian's LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines' online newsroom.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. * Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. * The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
* Contract of Carriage * Customer Service Plan * Tarmac Delay Plan * Careers * Investor Relations * Privacy * Cargo * Shop Our Store
Visit us on Facebook Visit us on Twitter Visit us on YouTube