GT Advanced Technologies is seeking a Sapphire Fabrication Technician to support our facility in Salem, MA. This position will set-up and operate machining and fabrication equipment in the fabrication department. This person will work with single crystal material as a Production Technician Machinist in an optics manufacturing environment and will perform a variety of tasks in support of the fabrication of crystal products to MIL and ISO specifications. There is a focus on fabricating, machining and polishing crystal products to required specifications. This position requires hands-on experience working with various machine tools, inspection and lab-related equipment. Successful candidate will receive training and instruction which will allow them to evaluate work to be done, design operation flow, operate machine tools and inspect, measure and report results accordingly.Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives training on crystal properties, machine tools, machining processes and fabrication protocols.
- Utilizes training to work and operate machine tools independently while maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Evaluates crystals, desired specifications and available machining processes for achieving desired product form factor.
- Develops the necessary machining operation processes to yield desired geometry, surfaces and orientation results.
- Carries out machining and test product to achieve and confirms desired product specifications.
- Designs, develops and/or orders appropriate tooling in support of machine tool operation steps.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains machine tools, e.g., lathes, core drills, surface grinders, OD grinders.
- Uses X-Ray systems and goniometer to measure crystalline orientation. Calculates necessary adjustments and implement machining process to yield desired orientation results
- Completes all related process/product documentation.
- Maintains a safe work environment and enforces all safety protocols.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of product, equipment, tools, supplies, and inventory points within a work cell. machine tools and inspect, measures and reports results accordingly.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Team oriented individual.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Skilled in the use of inspection tools.
- Good communication skills.
- Vocational high school/trade school graduate or high school and equivalent related experience.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years in a technical or industrial environment.
- Machining experience with the ability to run multiple machines at one time.
- Fabricating and polishing experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to work well both independently and as a team player and posses a strong work ethic with a desire to learn.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- This position will be a first shift position may be required to work off-shift hours as required.
Please forward your current resume or CV to ...@gtat.com
Location: Salem, MA
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: architectural, architecture, art, calculus, draw, fabrication, math, plan, space, spacial
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...