The Media Planner is responsible for all tasks and client service activities associated with an assigned account. You will act as a steward of the entire communications planning process by executing plan changes/maintenance of media plans, developing and applying a working knowledge of basic media concepts, terminology, media math, and media plan execution
* Manage day-to-day plan changes/maintenance of media plans * Work directly with the Media Planning Assistant in creating, updating, and presenting media plans * Present plans both internally and externally * Develop strategically solid media recommendations with supporting rationale * Assist in the analysis of research to develop the objectives, strategies, and tactics * Lead weekly client status meetings * Responsible for developing a working knowledge of media relevant to the client's business including TV, print, digital, OOH, search, and radio * Research and compile competitive data * Evaluate and propose targeting, geography, scheduling, support level, and budget * Work with various agency partners (internal & external) to develop 360 cross channel marketing plans to meet client objectives * Review industry trades for new sites, innovative and creative ad units and technologies, and competitive information * Responsible for billing process
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently * Communicate effectively * Highly proactive * Eagerness to learn * Establish and maintain effective relationships within as well as outside the team * Other responsibilities as assigned
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
* Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities * Strong quantitative and analytical skills ? Excellent verbal and written communication skills * Strong interest in category * Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work in a fast-paced environment * Interest in developing non-traditional & disruptive media ideas * Excellent time management skills * Advanced Excel skills; intermediate PowerPoint and Microsoft Word skills * Use of appropriate GSIP and 3rd party tools to research and develop plan recommendations
* Bachelor's degree preferred * 1+ years' related experience
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. By applying our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity we design communication strategies that grow brands and generate sales. As part of WPP and GroupM, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. Our success is underpinned by our belief \"People First, Better Results\" that if we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for our teams but for our clients.?MediaCom's?global client roster includes?adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony. In 2018, MediaCom became the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently:?Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100.
Take A Virtual Office Tour:
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.?We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the?more great?work we can create together.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.