Global Technical Talent, LLC in San Antonio, TX
- Industry: Accounting - Others
- Type: Full Time
- The main function of an accounting assistant is to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete.
- A typical accounting assistant is responsible for a wide range of technology and can work in areas closely related to computers.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
Top 5 Skills Needed
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred.
- 2-4 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
Preferred Skills: (Nice To Haves)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel Skills
- Skillful in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Oracle
Required Soft Skills:
- SQL query skills highly recommended
How will the performance be measured?
- Knowledge of applicable contract laws, pricing policies, and product awareness.
- Proficient in accounting terminology and transferring service contracts to quote-to-cash applications.
- Skillful in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Shares best practices outside of immediate department and exhibits FANATICAL Support to internal customers.
- Excellent follow-through skills using time-management and task prioritization. Exceptional communication, presentation, and organization skills.
- Skilled in being a team advocate for general coordination of projects, goals, deadlines, action plans, and resource allocation.
- Ability to understand revenue operations and legal aspects to identify revenue risks. Adhere to and ensure execution of company policies and procedures throughout the revenue cycle.
- Capable of developing strong interdepartmental and cross-functional working relationships.
- Aptitude for working in small groups and promoting inclusiveness and embracing change.
- Prepared to make independent decisions based on company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Accuracy on invoicing
- Invoicing on time
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams
- Education/Experience Requirement:
- Highly proficient in working with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Applicant must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business with 2+ years accounting operations experience
- 90 hours credit with 3+ years accounting operations experience
- 6+ years accounting operations experience
- Operating System Needed for this role:
- Windows 10
You may be interested in these similar jobs!