Our Engineering team in Central New York is looking for a Civil or Environmental Engineer to participate in the planning, design, permitting and construction of a variety of Civil and Environmental engineering projects for both municipal and private clients in and around the State of New York.
This position will temporarily be out of our Cazenovia, NY office as we will be moving to our new office location in East Syracuse, NY during the Winter/Spring of 2020.
Our Central NY office is made up of over 100 dynamic professionals who collaborate across a diverse range of engineering, environmental and construction projects. You will find a supportive culture that inspires camaraderie and community involvement. In addition to a strong reputation for outstanding work and client service, GHD has a positive work environment that adopts our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Development of supporting project information (i.e. calculations, analyses, evaluations, cost estimates, report text, figures, drawings, etc.)
- Performing construction phase engineering tasks (i.e. submittal review, test data evaluation and compilation, etc.)
- Assist with the development of drawings through the use of AutoCAD
- Help develop preliminary facilities layouts
- Maintaining open communication with project team members and project managers
For success in this role, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering; Master's degree a plus
- 4-8 years of experience; experience to include internship or co-op preferred
- PE license in the state of NY preferred or must have the ability to obtain it
- Intermediate AutoCAD skills (layout, surface development, volume calculations)
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written
- Good relationship and networking abilities
- Focus on customer services
- Devise approaches to problem resolution
- Ability to be proactive and take ownership of the task involved
- Willingness to observe construction activities and complete field investigations
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position will not provide visa sponsorship.