At GHD Digital, our team of experts provide digital solutions and services to our clients and communities. As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to not only grow and develop in your chosen field, but to also shape the course of our business and industry.
Our office in Cazenovia, NY is looking for an Automation & Controls Engineering Intern to learn from GHD's Controls & Automation Engineering team.
As an Automation & Controls Intern, you will work alongside experienced engineers and be part of our growing team, contributing to new and exciting projects throughout North America. You will need to work effectively as a member of an operating team, which means good communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Finally, you will have the unique opportunity to explore different PLC, SCADA, and HMI projects and identify what an Automation & Controls Engineer at GHD does on a day-to-day basis.
In this role your responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the setup and configuration of computer workstations in preparation for SCADA software (programming)
- Install and perform the base configuration of various SCADA, alarm notification, and reporting software (programming)
- Perform troubleshooting of existing SCADA system software (programming)
- Perform review of contractor shop drawing submittals (construction engineering)
- Participate in facility tours and the development and maintenance of punchlists (construction engineering)
- Maintenance of team standards, files, and databases
- Design control system networks and instrumentation systems (design engineering)
- Learning automation and process control software development packages and techniques
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Enrolled in a 4-year Electrical Engineering program
- Enthusiastic young professional eager to get their feet wet in the field of automation in a consulting engineering environment
- Ability to provide feed-back and recommend alternative options on complicated tasks
- The ability, interest, and drive to develop and refine technical skills throughout the internship
- A basic understanding (awareness) of the field of automation, including the purpose of PLCs, Ethernet networks, cyber security, level/pressure/flow/analytical instrumentation.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD digital does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD digital provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Why GHD digital?
Why waste a single day doing work that isn't an investment in your future? At GHD digital, you will join a team of passionate individuals, many of them leaders in their field, who are also the owners of our business. This ownership is what sets us apart.
It means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It is also what drives our commitment and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
If this is the kind of investment you would like to make with your talent, join us, and take control of your career and your future.
About GHD digital
GHD digital builds on the GHD network of more than 10,000 people, to help companies across the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation unlock the potential of digital technologies to generate value for their businesses.
Addressing the challenges of the fourth industrial revolution, GHD digital delivers a suite of professional services including digital strategy and transformation, smart technology solutions, digital innovation, cybersecurity and digital risk, and data and analytics. We actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team. In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position will not provide visa sponsorship.