L-3 Technologies is seeking experienced candidates to support sustainment engineering activities for the Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) from many worldwide locations. Headquartered in New York City, L3 Technologies employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide and is a leading provider of a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military, homeland security and commercial platforms. L3 is also a prime contractor in aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training. The company reported 2017 sales of $9.6 billion and are looking to expand our team!
Position responsibilities include:
* Perform/provide root cause analysis of hardware and software issues to support system maintenance to the ground based Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS).
* Install, test, troubleshoot, and integrate specialized System hardware and software at site.
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) supporting DCGS operators and maintenance personnel.
* Participate in enterprise wide testing with other Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) ground stations.
* Coordinate with other on-site contractors in support of System operations and troubleshooting.
* Provide daily coordination with the customer to support on-site operations and provide system status to the customer and L-3 Technologies management.
* Troubleshoots technical problems and issues; determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications; and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinated product solution. Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications.
* Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers; vendors and company representatives.
* Must have an active DoD Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance.
* Must be able to obtain a DoD 8570 Security certification prior to working at the site.
* Self-motivated, capable of working independently in a high-pressure environment.
* Preferred strong experience with DCGS systems
* Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Former military experience a plus.
* Strong experience with Linux operating system; Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) a plus.
* Familiar with computer networking principles; Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) a plus.
* Capable of lifting over 50 lbs. and capable of working in confined spaces.
* Familiar with industry standard computer/electronic repair practices. Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.