Please only apply if you do not need sponsorship to work in the United States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship.
The Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green, KY, one-hour north of Nashville, TN has an opening for:
About the Plant: Bowling Green Assembly has been the exclusive home of Corvette for over 30 years. Previously a Chrysler air-conditioning unit factory, the building was renovated to become a modern automotive factory befitting of America's sports car in 1981. The plant has the largest solar array of any automaker in the state of Kentucky. Today, Bowling Green features a new paint shop that uses dry scrubber technology, LED lighting and a limestone system to create a world-class paint job while minimizing our ecological footprint.
To know more about the plant please click the link below
Maintenance Group Leader
Supervise a medium size group of employees in a skilled area of work which involves the construction, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment. Work is of a technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general procedures and specifications. Some direct guidance received from supervisor.
* Executes safe work practices as the highest priority and achieves objectives for ergonomics, health/safety and housekeeping.
* Ensures employees perform job responsibilities and empowers them to continuously improve their work by managing and eliminating constraints.
* Utilizes human resources in accordance with Corporate and Governmental policies and procedures.
* Motivates, trains and develops employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods.
* Supervises construction and maintenance projects.
* Responsible for diagnosis and repair of equipment malfunctions.
* Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project.
* Provides support to execute production schedules and product requirements by utilizing Competitive Manufacturing Processes with emphasis on variation reduction.
* Understands and consistently administers National and Local Agreements; participates in local labor relations activities.
* Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
* Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
* Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities.
* Develops and implements predictive and preventive maintenance activities through the Maximo System.
* Works with assigned personnel as required on current and future assembly processes.
* Knowledgeable of all jobs in work group.
* Communicates between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolve problems and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
* Implements GM-GMS.
* Responds to suggestions promptly in writing.
* Builds and maintains good working relationships with employees, union and management.
* Reduces waste by identifying and improving value-added tasks and eliminating non-value added tasks.
* Controls costs and achieves productivity improvements.
* Provides input to payroll and performs other administrative tasks as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
* Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
* Knowledge of basic math including trigonometry
* Oral and written communication skills
* High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
* Knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical concepts
* Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
* Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required, motivate employees and elicit work output
* 2 years manufacturing experience supervising skilled trades.
* May be required to work any shift
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to engineering preferred
* GMS Apprentice Preferred
Education and Training
* Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
* Training in skilled trades area or equivalent technical training
* Completion of recommended Corporate training programs: Maximo, QNPM, GMS, Kronos
Associated topics: customer service, diagnose, equipment, field service, machine repair, maintenance mechanic, malfunction, repair, service technician, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.