Senior Security Engineer, Applied Cryptography
Employment Type: Full-Time
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini's very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Senior Security Engineer, Applied Cryptography
Security of customers' digital assets and personal information held with Gemini is our first and foremost concern. As a Security Engineer, you will develop and manage security tools and platforms, assistsusers to design and assess the security internal systems, build automation to simplify manual or complex processes, and research business related topics including smart contracts and applied cryptography. In this role, you will focus on providing expertise around cryptographic algorithms and implementations, including in software and hardware.
This role is located in our office in New York City and reports directly to the Lead Product Security Engineer.
* R&D advanced storage of key material (custody, hot wallet) and other various applications utilizing security products such as HSMs, TPMs.
* Identify vulnerabilities in various software / hardware
* Participate in the design of applications integrating cryptographic primitives, collaborate and consult with various teams;
* Educate the team on how to design and build systems with security first principles;
* Document design, installation, operations, and maintenance of various hardware modules;
* Lead and support, key management initiatives, including PKI;
* Manage and run key ceremonies;
* Support HSMs, debug and resolve problems and assist other staff members as needed
* Strong understanding of systems/network security, secure protocol design, encryption, authentication, key management and applied cryptography.
* Experience designing and managing key management lifecycles including key ceremonies and storage.
* Experience developing software. Preferred languages: C, C++, Java, Scala, and scripting languages.
* Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms, protocols, implementation and standards (eg. TLS, IPSEC, S/MIME, DNSSEC, X509, CMS, RSA, DH, ECDSA, zero-knowledge proofs, pairing-based cryptography, FIPS 140, PKCS)
* Knowledge of hardware security, verified/secure boot, tamper resistance, side-channel attacks, anti-cloning, and PUFs
* Hands-on expertise with Hardware Security Modules such as Ultra Keyper, Safenet (Luna), Thales.
* Experience working w/ cryptographic APIs such as PKCS #11, CAPI or CNG.
* Solid understanding of Product Management and Product Ownership, Agile practices and methodologies.
* Appreciation of scalability and automation.
* Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems - and hardening measures.
* Demonstrated ability to convert theoretical security concepts into production.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
* Competitive base salaries across all departments
* Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
* Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
* Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Loading some great jobs for you...