Cook (Bonus Opportunity)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Are you leader who has a passion for cooking and serving others? Garden Spot Village currently has an opening for a Cook Supervisor position in one of our restaurants. Come join a team that encourages you to create unique dishes and gives you the opportunity to train and guide others. Apply today and discover why people say, "Working at Garden Spot is the best job I've ever had." Responsibilities
- Possesses an understanding and preparation of recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Assists with the supervision of Dining Services personnel.
- Prepares bakery items, takes and receives inventory, moves and lifts foodstuffs, and supplies and prepares meals for customers according to customer need or dietary restrictions.
- Serves as lead cook by guiding, assisting, training, and assigning tasks.
- Under minimal supervision, independently performs advanced cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
- Advanced knife skills required.
- Assists in food ordering, according to menu and department need.
- Supports all Dining Services department restaurants and Campus Events.
- Prepares food and serves customers at an a la carte or station.
- Reads food orders or receives verbal instructions on food required by patrons, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- Available to work weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of cooking procedures and large quantity recipes.
- Able to prepare and serve food according to menus and recipes.
- Must be willing to train and participate in ongoing staff development programs.
- Graduate of food-related course helpful (Serv Safe).
- Ability to relate to and communicate with employees, residents, and the general public in a friendly and professional manner.
Loading some great jobs for you...