Director, Merchandise Planning
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
FULLBEAUTY Brands? is the most trusted, comprehensive resource for plus-size women and men seeking fashion inspiration, style advice, and clothing tailored to their individual needs. Proprietary brands under the FULLBEAUTY Brands umbrella include: Woman Within?, Roaman's?, Jessica London?, Ellos?, swimsuitsforall?, KingSize?, Brylane Home? and fullbeauty.com?, an online marketplace offering a curated collection of the finest brands and thousands of products -- the premier fashion and lifestyle destination for women sizes 12+.
The Director, Merchandise Planning will be responsible for managing all aspects of assortment planning and in-season inventory management. This includes reviewing the sales and margin goals to ensure planning and buying meets company objects. The Director, Merchandise Planning is responsible for overseeing the inventory teams and is expected to work closely with the Divisional Merchandise Manager(s) & Brand Manager to ensure the brand strategy is disseminated to the team and that inventory impacts are considered and anticipated.
* Develop, execute, and communicate strategic merchandise sales plans that support the company's financial sales, product, inventory margin and marketing objectives on a brand level.
* Ensure delivery of the financial objectives of each area through accurate and proactive management and forecasting of sales, inventory levels and margin goals.
* Develop and contribute to generation of Brand initiatives and strategies, and ensure that all planning activities support annual goals. Recommend seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and margin expectations.
* Reports to management backorder status and delivery updates to help forecast sales for weekly review
* Develop and deliver merchandise analysis to inform and guide executive decisions.
* Strategically manage the in-season business for your unit in order to maximize sales, margin realization, and inventory (top down and bottom up). Drive proactive pricing and mark down strategies in season to deliver sales and margin.
* Manages the open-to-buy process and inventory level to ensure in-stock position, while maximizing sales and margin.
* Work with e-commerce manager on re-ranking backorder items for the web based on Inventory availability
* Lead the development and continuous evolution of retail processes related to assortment planning, pricing, promotions and category planning.
* Lead the training and development efforts of team, while sharing and leveraging best practices across Planning team.
* Minimum of 7 years of retail planning experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading and developing direct reports
* Able to manage team of analytical people, work cross-functionally with Brand Managers, DMM's, Finance, Operations, Digital and Marketing
* Expert level of knowledge in planning process, tools and inventory management
* Strong forecasting skills and experience in inventory control, forecast planning, allocation or buying
* Strong communication skills and ability to present to various levels in the organization
* Ability to articulate detailed action plans to successfully accomplish goals
* Process Optimization Mindset- designs and develops models/plans to optimize decisions
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...