As-Needed Director, Global Risk and Investigations Practice
Compensation: $121,290.00 - $142,720.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Law Enforcement
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Forensic & Litigation Consulting
The Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice at FTI Consulting provides multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services to the global business and legal community. Our team supports clients facing high stakes litigation, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny.
About The Opportunity:
We are currently looking for an As-Needed Director to join our growing Forensic and Litigation Consulting. The position involves managing and conducting business-related investigations in our Global Risk and Investigations Practice and developing new business opportunities by working with prospects and clients as well as with colleagues in our various offices as appropriate.
The Global Risk and Investigations practice gathers and analyzes critical information, enabling clients to make informed decisions, maximize opportunities and protect assets. Our superior expertise in complex factual and financial investigations, including litigation support, investigative due diligence, and corruption-related investigations, combines teams of former federal prosecutors and regulators, law enforcement and intelligence officials, forensic accountants, business researchers, and computer forensic specialists. With offices worldwide, we are able to uncover and analyze critical information wherever a need exists-no matter how intricate the investigation may be.
Primary duties include:
Scoping, budgeting, conducting and managing in-depth investigative research and analysis on individuals and corporate entities using the full range of U.S. and international open sources (media, public records etc.) in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment; summarizing the results accurately and concisely in written reports for a sophisticated client base consisting of top-tier law firms, financial institutions and corporations; managing consultants on engagements which involve teams of investigative researchers; and providing oral reports to clients, when appropriate. Also:
* Assist leadership in developing strategies to expand the portfolio of services offered and improve the efficiency and consistency of service delivery
* Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, threats, methodologies and core technologies in order to assimilate client needs and design appropriate technical solutions
* Lead assessment of current threat identification techniques and development of new methodologies and frameworks
* Supervise results of incident analysis, combining sound analytical skills with advanced knowledge of cybersecurity
* Lead modification and enhancement of proposals
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 to 8 years of experience conducting research at a corporate investigations firm or similar organization
* Specialized experience in cyber incident response and cyber incident management
* Very good understanding of operating systems, file system fundamentals, and security controls, with an in-depth familiarity with Windows, Linux, and Unix
* Understanding of data loss / data theft prevention concepts and technologies
* Understanding of eDiscovery and digital forensics concepts and technologies
* Threat modeling fundamentals and penetration testing skills
* Extensive experience working with a broad range of public records including criminal and civil proceedings, bankruptcies, SEC filings, corporation records, property records, international corporate documents, among others
* Extensive experience working with the online information resources commonly used in investigative research (e.g. Accurint, LexisNexis, Westlaw, Factiva, etc.)
* Analytical ability - The applicant should have experience identifying red flags, validating sources, and making judgment calls about the completeness and accuracy of open source information
* Excellent writing skills - The applicant should be familiar with legal and financial nomenclature and be able to draft accurate, concise summaries of complex transactions and civil litigation, working from original documents (A writing sample is required during interview process)
* Strategic planning and resourcefulness - The applicant will be responsible for developing investigative plans and strategies for engagements and producing creative solutions to challenging research problems
* Experience identifying and managing work performed by subcontractors, including negotiating budgets and deadlines.
* Experience conducting investigative interviews
* Experience working with international colleagues and coordinating investigations across time zones is a plus
* Experience managing junior members of the investigative team
* Experience in financial analysis and the preparation of spreadsheets is a plus
* Travel may be required, depending on nature of assignment
Position Classification: Exempt
* Citizenship Status Accepted: USA Citizenship, Permanent Resident, H1B Visa, Other work visa
* Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt
Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...