Climax Molybdenum Co., a subsidiary of Freeport-McMoRan, is the world's leading molybdenum producer and supplier. Our global operations include both primary and byproduct molybdenum mines, integrated global operations, and local customer care. We provide our worldwide partners with the most reliable supply and highest quality molybdenum and rhenium products. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals who seek challenging, exciting and rewarding work for a company that supplies molybdenum for a variety of high-value applications in industries ranging from steel and oil to aerospace and construction. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Climax Molybdenum.
This position may be located at the Henderson Mine, which is in an underground mine plant setting at an elevation of 10,800 feet above sea level. This may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
This position may located at the Henderson Mill site off of CO-9 between Kremmling, CO and Silverthorne, CO. This is a rural, alpine area approximately 2 hours from the Denver metropolitan area. The mill is at an altitude of approximately 10,000 feet. In the winter the average high temperature is 28 degrees and the average low is 0 degrees. In the summer the average high temperature is 75 degrees and the average low is 40 degrees. The average snowfall in Summit/Grand counties is in excess of 250 inches per year.
Perform accounting and reporting duties primarily focused on the accounting close process. Responsibilities include recording journal entries, performing financial analysis and account reconciliations among other duties.
* Complete assigned duties as part of the accounting close process
* Apply knowledge of accounting policies and procedures to tasks which include recording journal entries, and research and analysis among other duties
* Analyze financial and operational data and communicate results timely and effectively to management
* Perform analysis and reconciliation through system queries, research, investigation of reconciling items and resolution
* Review processes for improvements as changes occur or new requirements are added to the month-end close process. Use knowledge gained in making recommendations that are practical and which gain efficiencies
* Perform other accounting and special projects as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related area and three (3) years of Accounting experience
* Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
* Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
* Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
* Work is mostly performed in an office setting
* Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see
* Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds during the course of the workday
* Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required
* Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
* Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
* Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose \"motor vehicles\" includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
* Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.