Tableau Developer Senior (Vinton)
Compensation: $111,010.00 - $165,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Centralized Reporting and Data Analytics (CRDA) is seeking a leader who enjoys transforming data into insights! The ideal candidate has a passion for data analysis, technology and helping people leverage the technology to transform their business and reporting processes. As a Data Analytics Senior, you will be part of a cross-functional team supporting various teams across the Division by linking data and reporting capabilities to provide innovative reporting and analysis solutions to support the achievement of strategic goals.
A typical day includes:
- Building partnerships with Business partners to develop technical solutions for reporting and analytic needs
- Participation in the full life cycle of a project, which includes identification of requirements, prototype, design, development, testing and implementation
- Acting as liaison between the business area and technical team and act as the subject matter expert for assigned project(s)
- Lead a working session with a cross-functional team to come up with a streamlined design for a dashboard
- Perform data profiling and data blending by combining relevant data from multiple data sources using Tableau Prep, SAS or Python
- Develop accurate and insightful visualizations and dashboards using Tableau
- Leading training sessions for business users
- Research and reading on the latest development in the Business Intelligence world or Machine Learning space
Keys to Success in This Role
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing analytics reporting solutions using Tableau software
- Knowledge of data blending or ETL tools such as SQL, Tableau Prep, Alteryx, SAS, or Python
- Knowledge of dimensional data modeling and machine learning is a plus
- Ability to use various data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and identify the right data to be visualized in a Business Intelligence tool
- Prior UX/UI design experience (knowledge of reporting and dashboard best practices, visual standards, etc.) a strong plus
- Ability to perform data discovery and find patterns and relationships in data
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask; Prioritizing assignments and working independently to ensure work is completed on schedule and meets customer expectations
- BS/BA Degree in Finance, Computer Science, MIS or related field
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Will have proven experience in data analytics and business intelligence through the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Has strong problem-solving skills, with a creative mindset and an eye for customer experience.
- Must have exceptional communications skills at all levels, with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and work effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Is highly driven, results-oriented, out-side-of-the-box thinker and nimble problem solver with a willingness to do "whatever it takes" to deliver business value quickly.
- Enjoys engaging all areas of the business and working with new teams as well as learning and trying new subjects, approaches and techniques.
- Leverages your ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Connects with people daily and build partnerships with our stakeholders, while navigating complex, competing priorities to deliver outstanding business results.
- Leadership - Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Partnership - Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team's actions
- Drive for Execution - Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Associated topics: .net, c c++, c++, develop, devops, perl, php, sdet, software engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...