Development Technical Lead (Performance Engineering) (Vinton)
Compensation: $85,150.00 - $129,840.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you a technology savvy developer who likes to take on challenges of building systems that propel your business to win market share? Do you like to automate, innovate, create high performance systems, and direct other engineers? If so, look no further, we are your next destination employer! Apply to join Freddie Mac's Loan Selling Advisor team, the front door to Single Family business.Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:Build & Support Software Applications
- Understand Business & Technical Requirements to create solutions
- Design Applications and frameworks based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, test, and deploy applications
- Analyze and solve system performance issues
- Contribute and participate in producing high quality of design and code via reviews
Automation and Performance Engineering Team
- Build and Lead team of senior developers to solve portfolio level technology & delivery challenges
- Build technology competencies that are needed for successful delivery to the business needs.
- Mentor and guide developers
- Lead team of engineers to support Sourcing performance and automation engineering
- Establish processes to successfully support portfolio level performance and automation engineering efforts
- Evaluate, establish and implement technology stack to meet performance and Automation needs of the portfolio
- Tune large scale enterprise applications & systems performance.
Keys to Success in This Role
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Software Development & Testing experience using software languages like Java/JEE and XML
- 5-8 years of experience leading Development teams3+ years of experience in performance tuning of enterprise applications
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis, Design and development using Java and UML. Produce high quality design artifacts that cover all aspects of sound architecture. Ability to review and comment on Senior Developers design.
- Develop and Integrate APIs using Web Services and REST. Experience in building applications and deploying them on application servers.
- Experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages like Jenkins, Scripting languages, Maven, etc.
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks and tune performance of applications ,databases, and infrastructure components.
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess
- Ability to implement strategy and direction setup by IT leadership
- Introduce new trends and how to do things better using latest industry techniques
- Ability to work with and collaborate with business and other IT groups
- Lead teams to successfully deliver value to business.
Preferred SkillsPreferred Skills
- Leadership: Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team's actions
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Deliver prompt and high quality customer service
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Associated topics: architect, architectural, architecture, building, construction, drafter, structural engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...