Responsible for supporting the Proposal Team in the development and execution of technical and informative written content as related to requests for proposals (RFPs). This includes support of proposals and related exhibits as well as content to support sales and marketing initiatives in collaboration with Fox World Travel stakeholders. Ensure information is consistent with business objectives, brand messaging and a style that is reflective of Fox World Travel. Accountable for promotion and reflection of organization brand standards through any project and communication for internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Organize and coordinate proposal resources (project management/technical team input, proposal support, and marketing/graphics team) and ensure completion of all assignments, review of all work and adherence to internal best practices and quality control objectives.
- Collaborate with members of the Sales, Client Solutions, Technology and other business unit teams to document key messages and content topics; prepare informative and creative writing pieces, including articles, case studies, reports and other publications to support the business, ensuring current and accurate content.
- Orchestrate development of response for a Request for Information (RFI) by gathering information from various sources; may be responsible for setting up kick-off meetings with the appropriate subject matter experts and follow-up meetings based on complexity and number of contributors to review status of deliverables; research and compile information from both external and internal sources, including a variety of databases and data sources (internet, company intranet, previous proposals, etc.).
- Assist in meeting proposal deadline by adhering to priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval; enter and monitor tracking data; coordinate requirements with contributors, verify brand and voice consistency, and ultimately submit proposal material with use of online Request for Proposal (RFP) management technology and/or print/delivery management process process.
- Work with technical and sales subject matter experts (SMEs) to gather and understand information necessary to facilitate editing; reorganizing content for best flow; and producing final documents.
- Proofread proposals and marketing collateral to ensure consistency with Fox Style Guide and Associated Press (AP) style guidelines.
- Assist with maintaining Fox s Standard Proposal Template to reflect changes in technology, statistics, partnerships and customer offerings.
- Maintain quality results by using standard proposal template and content using proposal software and establishing Fox proposal writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone, which are reflective of the brand.
- Assist with maintaining marketing documents, including those shared to SharePoint for the Sales and Client Solutions Teams; update marketing materials with updated company information as appropriate.
- Maintain image and content library for proposal software to support efficiency and accuracy for all RFPs.
- Assist with formatting of proposals and marketing collateral, including utilizing Microsoft Word styles/templates and Adobe InDesign styles/templates.
- Update and maintain accuracy of RFP content within proposal software as Includes data entry and database management.
- Manage own project workflow while coordinating with project teams and management on schedules, requirements, goals and assignments as needed.
- Proactively provide updates and improvements to existing knowledge resources.
- Establish quality standards and metrics and measure performance; define and document individual processes within sphere of control; ensure others are trained as back-up on processes within the scope of this position; improve processes within sphere of control.
- Maintain a favorable and collaborative working relationship with team members in all departments to foster an environment of trust and mutual respect.
- Enhance the organization s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Participate in required training and knowledge sharing activities and demonstrate progressive ability over time to incorporate best practices into daily work assignments; update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Drive standards and best practices whenever possible and effectively foster a culture of engagement.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of operations and services performed.
- Other duties, projects and alternate assignments as determined by business need.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities& Competencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field desired and 2 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience with technical or informative writing, editing, and styling technical sales, marketing and/or documentation content, including experience editing for content organization, clarity, accuracy, format, grammar/language style, and consistency
- Prefer experience working on documents like proposals, brochures, data sheets, technical specifications and requirements, case studies
- Prefer experience with drafting original content that others will review and edit
- Interest and willingness to perform processes, tracking and administration as a key function of the role
- Willingness to become fluent in the business of corporate travel and other travel fields offered by Fox
- Technical fluency with Microsoft Office required; use of PMAPS or similar proposal management software helpful; experience with Adobe InDesign helpful
- Driven by a strong will to succeed and deliver quality written products
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with marketing team and other teams within Fox
- Knowledge of copyright and other applicable laws pertaining to publications
- Knowledge and appreciation for graphics is a plus
- Business, advertising, and journalistic writing skills required; editorial skills preferred (AP style preferred)
- Demonstrable skills in verbal and written communication, editing, and proofreading of English language to create content
- Demonstrated balance of solid writing skills, clear verbal communications and attention to detail
- Ability to motivate and manage internal clients to keep proposals on schedule
- Experience with spreadsheet, database, e-mail, social media, publication and multimedia presentation software preferred
- Experience with project management; ability to manage multiple competing priorities while demonstrating ability to remain flexible in a changing work environment
- Experience with office support equipment including faxes, copy machines, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours within scheduled shift (weekdays, 7 am 5:30 pm CST); be available and flexible for extended hours for occasional events and meetings
- Self-motivated; demonstrate initiative with a strong commitment to personal goals, objectives and work ethic
- Communication proficiency verbal and written; appropriate use of grammar
- Organizational and planning skills; priority setting; ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Customer-focused and service-oriented
- Sound judgment, problem solving and decision-making ability
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility; ability to work efficiently and effectively with frequent interruptions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Note:
The phrases occasionally, regularly, and frequently correspond to the following definitions: Occasionally means up to 1/3 of working time, regularly means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and frequently means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach above shoulders, and move from place to place. The incumbent is frequently required to talk and listen and use hands to finger manipulate or handle. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The incumbent will occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular attendance is necessary to successfully perform this job; extended hours may be necessary from time to time. The incumbent works in an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Occasional business travel, overnight stay may be required for training events and to visit Fox World Travel locations.