Rectifying Operator / Mechanic -Rotating Night Shift
1239 Drydock Rd
Loading some great jobs for you...
Would you like to join a team where you can make a difference and have fun doing it? Join Florida Tile! For over sixty years, Florida Tile has consistently taken the lead as an innovator by implementing new technology, delivering high quality products and protecting our indoor and outdoor environments. We provide a wide range of benefits and a family-friendly work environment. If this sounds like what you're looking for, apply to Florida Tile today!
Responsible for operation and mechanical maintenance of porcelain tile cutting and rectifying line. When the line is not scheduled, perform mechanical maintenance in the rectifying, and selection departments.
Ability to lift heavy objects up to 100 lbs. on occasion. Able to work in awkward positions. Able to use equipment supplier maintenance manuals to assist with maintenance and repair of equipment. Able to work while standing for up to 3 hours. Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends. Able to work unsupervised. Able to prioritize work given a list of tasks and current production problems. Preference will be given to people with prior mechanical work experience, experience with industrial lift equipment, prior welding training, or formal industrial maintenance training from an accredited post-secondary institution. Military veterans with mechanical experience will also be given preference.
Must supply your own basic tools and secure tool storage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operate rectifying line as scheduled to meet production needs.
* Perform preventive maintenance items in Selection and Kiln departments including, but not limited to:
* Replace grinding wheels and saw blades on the rectifying line.
* Repair and replace stackers on selection lines.
* Repairing and replacing belts and rollers on elevators, platforms, conveyors, etc.
* Levelling rollers, belts, platforms
* Replacing gear boxes
* Rebuilding row formers
* Replace roller belt drives and roller chain drives
* Make notes of possible problems and notify supervisor so corrections can be scheduled
* Document work as it is completed
* Must be willing to work overtime hours as needed and accept night weekend call-in for emergency work.
* Operate TGV's
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Mechanically inclined.
* Must have High School Diploma or GED
* Must have at least 2 ? 3 years manufacturing experience.
* Must be able to bend twist, kneel, reach, pull, push, balance, and lift objects up to 100 pounds, in a fast-paced environment for an extended period of time.
* Regularly works in warehouse environment with non-climate controlled conditions.
* Must have the ability to stand, walk, and move for extended periods of time
Florida Tile provides an array of benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Our comprehensive benefit program includes:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Wellness Program
* Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability
* Employer Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
* Supplemental Life, Supplemental AD&D, Accident, and Critical Illness Coverage
* 401k Retirement Plan and Employer Provided 401k Matching
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* Profit Sharing
Florida Tile is committed to treating people fairly and respectfully, we are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity in the people we hire, the manner in which they are trained, their selections for promotions and transfer, and in all other aspects of employment. Your ability and performance are the keys to your success here at Florida Tile, regardless of your age, race, color, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, religion, creed national origin, political ideology, veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability unrelated to the ability to perform the job, in accordance with applicable law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.