We are looking for a highly motivated and talented IT Security Architect to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment. The ideal candidate must have broad experience in technology and demonstrate the ability to communicate complex concepts, risk management, and time management skills.
As the IT Security Architect, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Manage the internal IT security programs by providing architectural solutions * Work with business teams in order to analyze and prioritize business-related risks * Provide assessments of technology risks and requirements to the requesting party. This includes evaluation of authorization, authentication, auditing, input validation, penetration testing items, application and session security, and security of data transport and storage * Regularly evaluate existing security architecture and impose enhancements based on the new trends * Engage in multiple operational and technology risk governance processes * Constantly research new market trends, products, and technology and evaluate them for better usage for the firm * Create detailed documentation for developers, admins, and business
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
* 5+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, enterprise-level environment * Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
Skills & Experience:
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the following:
* Hands-on experience in evaluating technical designs and functional requirements in order to determine weaknesses in security * Extensive knowledge of network, application, and platform security vulnerabilities * Strong background in managing IT Security, Information Security, and Audit assessments. * Working experience with authentication domain (SiteMinder, Kerberos, SAML, OpenID) * Strong understanding of App Security, especially software attack methodologies and validation checking * Knowledge of cryptography, especially hashing and encryption * Familiarity with identity management and entitlements * Hands-on experience with data leakage prevention, data protection, secure data transfer, and storage
* Acquaintance with the primary operating systems, especially their structure and management. Understanding the security risks to those platforms and how to avoid those risks. * In-depth knowledge of standard network model, network architecture, and functions of network equipment * Experience in programming and database design * Hands-on experience in conducting penetration tests and vulnerability assessments * Involvement with testing tools, such as AppScan, Veracode, WebInspect, Fortify, Ounce Labs, Burp, etc. * CISSP certification or similar qualification highly desirable * Background of networking with 3rd party entities * Familiarity with geographic regulations and their influence on the security assessments * Background of working in Financial Services * Experience working in a corporate environment
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal * Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and manage team despite rapidly changing priorities * Results-oriented with an absolute commitment to the highest level of quality * Self-driven and flexible with high motivation * Strong presentation and written skills * Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects under strict deadlines * Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities * Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences * Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: forensic, identity, identity access management, information security, leak, malicious, protect, security engineer, security officer, violation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.