- Five Star Bank
- $95,430.00 -157,490.00/year*
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) ###-####, (585) ### #### or (585) ###-####.
Position Title: Wealth Advisor 2
Reports To (Title): Director of Wealth Management Department: Five Star Investment Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose: The Wealth Advisor 2 is responsible for working with a diverse clientele within assigned territory including individuals, business owners, professionals and families in providing a broad range of products and services to assist with attaining financial objectives. The Wealth Advisor 2 is also responsible for collaborating with internal business partners in the referral process to meet additional client needs.
Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Sales for Five Star Investment Services
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Moderate
From (Title): Director of Wealth Management
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): None
To (Title(s)): N/A
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Meets or exceeds established production goals by consulting with clients to determine needs and suggest investment strategies to meet those needs. Thoroughly explains the investment products available, disclosing the risks and costs of the various options. Focuses on investment balance, diversification and asset allocation.
2. Responsible for accurate and timely completion of client documentation necessary to open accounts and complete purchases.
3. Works directly with LPL Financial on issues and complaints related to client accounts.
4. Collaborates with internal bank business partners by cross-selling appropriate bank products and receiving/submitting referrals as appropriate.
5. Mentors and assists Wealth Consultants and other Wealth Advisors with client recommendations and required documentation.
6. Provides training and assistance to Retail Branch employees and Lenders on investment products and services to obtain referrals.
7. Consistently complies with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and compliance guidelines while maintaining current knowledge of industry through attendance at investment meetings, seminars and trainings.
8. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank Experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
9. This job description is not exhaustive. The Wealth Advisor 2 may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Associate's Degree
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
Years: 3+ Type: Financial Services experience
Years: 4+ Type: Financial Services experience
Years: 4+ Type: Financial Services experience
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: FINRA Series 7, 6, 63, and NYS Life, Accident & Health licenses
1. Responds to requests for information in a timely and professional manner
2. Strong sales orientation and customer focus
3. Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet assigned deadlines and goals
4. Excellent oral and written and communication skills
5. Basic skill level for Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn and utilize new and existing banking software
6. Must maintain confidentiality at all times
7. Ability to analyze and interpret data and present it in a meaningful and easily understood form
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Extensive computer usage is required
3. Moderate phone usage is required
4. Ability to be flexible with work schedule and be available to meet with clients on nights and weekends
5. Extensive travel within Corporate footprint is required
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing \"any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense\" unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...