- Five Star Bank
- $115,490.00 -170,130.00/year*
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) ###-####, (585) ### #### or (585) ###-####.
Position Title: Systems Engineer
Reports To (Title): Systems Engineering Manager Department: Technology Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose: The Systems Engineer is responsible for the server infrastructure, operating systems, and technical support of business applications. By use of monitoring and support tools and practices, the Systems Engineer will ensure a high level of security, performance, and availability of all critical systems.
Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Technology Services
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Minimal
From (Title): Systems Engineering Manager
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): None
To (Title(s)): N/A
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Responsible for the documentation, analysis, implementation, testing or modification of data center infrastructure based on user or system design specifications.
2. Monitors and analyzes server and application performance and availability.
3. Monitors, maintains and reviews security for server and applications.
4. Provides redundant, stable and well monitored systems and applications ensuring the Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) within acceptable levels.
5. Ensures data protection and recoverability for all supported systems.
6. Develops realistic project timelines in collaboration with business partners to ensure on-time project delivery including direct personal involvement in complex assignments as necessary.
7. Performs research and development efforts for key IT infrastructure and strategies.
8. Manages vendor relationships for implementation and support services.
9. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank Experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
10. This job description is not exhaustive. The Systems Engineer may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required: Associate's Degree
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Computer
Science or similar Prior Experience:
Years: 12+ Type: Administrating enterprise level systems. Working with Microsoft operating systems, system administration, and system security experience
Years: 8+ Type: Administrating enterprise level systems. Working with Microsoft operating systems, system administration, and system security experience
Years: 4+ Type: Administrating enterprise level systems. Working with Microsoft operating systems, system administration, and system security experience
Years: 6+ Type: Experience with enterprise level anti-virus, intrusion detection, SPAM control and similar core systems control products. Experience with Citrix, , VMWare, Active Directory and SharePoint. Project Management experience
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: Specialty Area (if applicable):
Preferred: Certificate Specialty Area (if applicable): Project Management
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Responds to requests for information in a timely and professional manner
3. Ability to take initiative in problem solving and make practical decisions
4. Ability to work with all levels of staff and share ideas to achieve company wide results
5. Ability to work independently and manage full scope of responsibilities with minimal supervision
6. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Extensive computer usage is required
3. Occasional bending, stooping or reaching overhead
4. Able to lift up to 30 lbs
5. Occasional travel within corporate footprint
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing \"any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense\" unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
Associated topics: infrastructure, ip, maintain, network, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...