Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) ###-####, (585) ### #### or (585) ###-####.
Position Title: Senior Commercial Banker
Location/Affiliate: Southern Tier New York
Reports To (Title): Regional President, C&I Lending
Executive Department: Commercial
FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose: The Senior Commercial Banker is responsible for cultivating external relationships with centers of influence and business owners in the local community. This position is responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of new and existing commercial clients with credit needs in excess of $250,000, and developing deposit and fee-based income relationships consistent with the Bank's strategic goals and objectives.
Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Commercial Banking Sales
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Moderate
From (Title): Regional President, C&I Lending Executive
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): None
From (Title): N/A
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Works with business owners, management or designated advisors in analyzing borrowers' financial and operating strategies to recommend credit solutions that meet their immediate and long term capital needs
2. Proactively works to generate additional non-interest income through opening new deposit accounts, cash management products, merchant card services, insurance, wealth management, benefit programs and other financial services from prospects, Centers of Influence (COI), and existing customers. Networks within the community with Centers of Influence and provides guidance to teammates on individual strategies and tactics to enhance the Bank's business development efforts.
3. Manages, maintains and services a large loan portfolio that meets established lending requirements and maximizes profitability with acceptable risk. Maintains ongoing communication with customers to remain current on operating strategies and related capital needs and obtains updated financial information as needed.
4. Reviews customer application documentation and financial data acting as first line of quality control prior to submitting to underwriting by utilizing knowledge of credit risk process and ensures that all relevant credit operating and compliance policies and procedures are followed. Prepares clear, crisp and concise opportunity and/or transaction memorandums to be delivered with credit requests for approval.
5. Participates and supports appropriate community and civic events to promote goodwill and obtain new business
6. Demonstrate the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers, associates, and stakeholders. Incorporate the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example, and service in every facet of work.
7. This job description is not exhaustive. The Senior Commercial Banker may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Required: Associates Degree in Business, Accounting
or related field
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting
or related field
Years: 5+ Type: Commercial Lending Sales
Years: 7+ Type: Commercial Lending Sales
Years: 5+ Type: Commercial Lending Sales
Licenses or Accreditation:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing bank software
3. Highly motivated and sales oriented to promote, sell and refer various bank and non- bank products and services
4. Analytical ability to interpret financial information and determine credit worthiness of borrowers and prospects
5. Knowledge of Commercial credit and underwriting policy and procedures
6. Local Market knowledge and the ability to develop, retain and expand relationships with COI's
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Extensive travel within Corporate footprint:
3. Extensive computer usage is required
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing \"any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense\" unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
Associated topics: banking product, banking solution, client, customer, loan, loan servicing officer, mortgage, personal banker, personal banker iv, sell
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.