Five Star Bank is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at 585-###-####, or 585-###-#### or (585) ### ####.
Position Title: Mortgage Originator
Reports To (Title): Residential Lending Administrator
Department: Retail Lending
Purpose: The Mortgage Originator is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with homeowners, home buyers, home builders, realtors, attorneys, financial planners, and accountants. This position is expected to generate qualified mortgage business by actively pursuing opportunities throughout the Corporate footprint in all geographies and customer demographics.
Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Mortgage Origination
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Minimal
From (Title): Residential Lending Administrator
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): None
To (Title(s)): N/A
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Develops new business my cultivating leads from external referral sources such as realtors, home builders, attorneys, financial planners and accountants. Maintains an ongoing relationship with these sources to foster ongoing referral business.
2. Works with internal business partners such as branch staff, commercial lenders, small business lenders and wealth management staff, to identify prospects and leads. Stays knowledgeable on Bank products and services and actively contributes to business development goals through cross sell opportunities, submitting referrals to other lines of business.
3. Interviews loan applicants and assists applicants with identifying the products that best meet their needs. Collects financial data & documents and submits a complete loan application for processing. Monitors the loan process from origination to closing acting in the role of liaison between the Bank and the applicant. Provides mentoring and coaching on a regular basis to Departments involved in the origination process to ensure that sales and customer service standards are being met or exceeded.
4. Maintains active relationships with existing customers to ensure retention of relationships, fostering new business through actively meeting the needs of those customers.
5. Responsible for the origination of regulatory compliant residential loan applications for low and moderate income borrowers and in low and moderate income CRA assessment areas, by developing client referral sources including realtors, homebuyer counseling agencies and community groups.
6. Keeps current and compliant with industry standards and government regulations and serves as subject matter expertise with all mortgage products. Adheres to bank policies and procedures.
7. Actively promotes Five Star Bank projecting a positive and professional image through participation in relevant community and professional activities to expand and enhance networking opportunities for generation of leads and community interest.
8. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
9. This job description is not exhaustive. The Mortgage Originator may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Associate's Degree
Required: Years: 3+ Type: Residential loan processing experience with a financial institution or mortgage banking company
Preferred: Years: 5+ Type: Residential loan processing experience with a financial institution or mortgage banking company
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: Register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLS) and obtain a unique identifier that is provided to consumers in accordance with all SAFE Act requirements. Renew registration with NMLS annually. Maintains and updates personal registry information as necessary to include name changes, employment changes, etc.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities to meet established deadlines
3. Ability to develop strong working relationships and interact with all levels of staff and management
4. Possess analytical ability to interpret and utilize data to make appropriate recommendations ensuring compliance with regulations and policies/procedures
5. Strong sales orientation while being customer focused; strong servicing skills
6. Possess a high level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and loan origination systems with the ability to learn and utilize new and existing banking software applications
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Extensive computer usage is required
3. Moderate phone usage is required
4. Requires extensive travel within the Corporate footprint
5. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing \"any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense\" unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
Associated topics: home, housing, listing, real estate agent, real estate broker, real estate courier, residential, residential estate, residential leasing agent, residential property leasing agent
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.