JOB DESCRIPTIONPersonal Care AssistantJOB SUMMARY
An individual who has completed personal care training and is competent to perform assigned functions of personal care to the client in their residence.QUALIFICATIONS
1. Must have completed personal care training program and competency.
2. Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
3. Ability to carry out directions, read and write.
4. Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist clients with personal hygiene, including shower, tub or bed baths, oral care, hair and skin care.
2. Assist clients in the use of toilet facilities, including bed pans.
3. Assist clients in and out of bed, excluding the use of mechanical lifting equipment unless trained and documented as competent.
4. Assist clients with walking, including the use of walkers and wheelchairs, when applicable.
5. Assist clients with self-administration of medications.
6. Meal preparation and feeding, when required.
7. Assist with prescribed exercises when the client and the aide have been instructed by the appropriate health professional.
8. Record and report changes in the client s physical condition, behavior or appearance to supervisor or Case Coordinator.
9. Documenting services delivered in accordance with FirstLight Home Care policies and procedures.