BUS GARAGE FOREMAN II - $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Move forward with us! We are on Forbes List of America's Best Employers 2018!!
Join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets our customers to their destinations on time and we re looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
This position presents the exciting professional opportunity for you to use your talents and energy to supervise a maintenance team at one of our garages.
- Supervises employees on assigned shift, including assigning and reviewing work to ensure sufficient, clean, and safe vehicles are available for pull-out.
- Coordinates with other Maintenance Foremen and Transportation staff at the garage, the Control Center, and at Bus garages to ensure that road calls are properly handled, and that pull-outs go smoothly.
- Monitors workforce at assigned locations to coordinate maintenance activities and clean up activities and to ensure equipment is inspected in accordance with maintenance standards.
- Supervises stock room, authorizes special orders, issues materials and ensures security and accurate accounting of stock.
- Trains, counsels, and motivates staff to maintain and improve productivity.
- Enforces work rules, safety and cleanliness standards; monitors condition of facility and equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring the timeliness and completeness of the revenue collection system, including proper vaulting procedures and reporting procedures.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years of applied experience in bus maintenance
- Other applied experience in heavy diesel (preferred) vehicle or automotive maintenance may be substituted for bus maintenance experience
You will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
- Family Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
- Starting salary of $67,267/year
We support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: crew, field, garden, labor, maintenance, mower, park, podadore, pruner, rug